FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

General discussion, page-372

1. 766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    Thanks TJ. Consider that the real demand is yet to come on, there is a real chance we're only seeing the beginning of some absolutely insane demand. Of course new supply will fill that, but I expect the veracious vehicle demand, government subsidies and industrial demand will place quite a high cap on the lithium price.

At the end of the day a commodity price, when in short supply, is dictated by the affordability of the parent product. Even if the demand is high, it is high at a certain price point, above which the commercials of the parent product don't stack up. Which is to say that even though everybody may want something, above a certain price, people will settle for second best, naturally placing demand up to a certain price point only.

In this case, with government subsidisation as well as investment from green funds and a ravenous demand for industrial products to make renewable technology work, I get the feeling that a price cap will be driven by competing technologies more so than the expense of the battery itself.

For a decarbonised power supply, governments and analysts will be prioritising capital between renewables, nuclear and hydrogen projects. Current studies are showing that nuclear; per kwh over the life of the project is actually more expensive than renewables, however the studies concede that the cost assessments of these renewable projects don't include the cost of energy supply to supplement the unreliable and intermittent nature of the technology, nor do they include the technology to store energy during low supply.

All of that to say, I suspect the "perceived" favorable commercials of traditional renewables will continue to drive preferential industrial demand for the supplementary storage technology.

It really is the beginning and by the time we strike a blow in anger for construction, cultural winds associated with lithium may really be blowing in our favour. Need to spin out asap so that a pure lithium approach can be assessed by green investors.

ALL IMO, caveat emptor, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.