FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

General discussion, page-5704

1. MM0
    232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    To make sure I'm understanding this correctly...

Let's use your example breakdown but a price of $1 a share and 100,000 shares.

FFX - $35,000 (35%)
    LLL - $65,000 (65%)

But you only get 1 LLL for each 1.4 FFX, so you will now have 71,428 shares of LLL and 100,000 shares of FFX.

So each FFX share now has a cost base of 35c instead of $1 - easy.

Do the LLL shares have:
    a) A cost base of 65c per share (or "each LLL share will have a cost base of 65% of your average cost base for your FFX shares")
    b) A total cost base for all shares of $65,000 = 91c a share cost base (or "your total LLL shares will have a total cost base equivalent to 65% of your total cost base for your FFX shares")

Presumably it has to be (b)?

At that point I'm not sure the split really matters as such in the long-term from a tax payable perspective (will affect timings and potentially what is a loss vs gain on paper, but should in theory net out?) but it may have the potential psychologically to drive buy/sell behaviour for a period of time.

Addendum to the above: a lot of people are presumably going to have the wrong cost base showing up on their broker tool for a time. Will that potentially affect psychology of trades too?
    Last edited by MM0: 07/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.