FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

"The market" is putting a value (day by day, hour by hour,...

1. 3,422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    "The market" is putting a value (day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute) on the SHARES of the company... as it does with all listed companies. The TRUE value of a company cannot possibly fluctuate with the vagaries of the stock market. Whether a company is public or private, it's true value must be determined by the net value of its many and varied components along with numerous intangibles. Yes this value fluctuates over time but not at the extreme or unpredictable levels that share values fluctuate.

Am I being Captain Obvious or am I totally off the mark??

The true values of most of the COMPANIES in my portfolio (which contains quite a few tickers that other posters disclose as "held") are not 30% to 50% less than their true values were at the start of April - but their SHARE values are 30% to 50% less. Perhaps the values were inflated by 50% to 100% in early April??

Does this mean that those who were buying said shares in early April were paying foolishly over rated prices OR that those selling now are selling at foolishly under rated prices???? Share value? Company value? Both have varying levels of importance depending on the particular individual.

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind!!!

We can't possibly know the answer because that would make us all right (or ALL wrong depending on which way the wind blows).

Speaking again of "true value", every post is valued by the poster... but do the readers of the posts all value the post??? Ahh the beauty of the human mind.... YOUR OPINION IS 100% CORRECT - TO YOU.

PS this post is not directed at Gareth. I'm simply using Gareth's post as a catalyst for my rant.

Good night and good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.