FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

General discussion, page-8151

1. 6,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4383

Recapitalisation Package announced on the 21st September, when announced:
    (1) Gold US$1,668 oz
    (2) The Australian Dollar was trading at $0.6610 with the USD AUD exchange rate FX 1.51

The (official through announcement) reasons Firefinch withdrew the proposed recapitalisation program:
    Announcement to withdraw the recapitalisation: 26th September
    As I type
    1: Gold US$1,797 oz
    2: A$0.680 with a exchange rate FX 1.47

On top of that, from the aware letter the price of diesel was also a contributor to guidance costs
    ~ since then the price of oil has gone from US$117 barrel to US$81 barrel
    ~ diesel price in Mali has remain pretty consistent though @US1.70ish per litre but I cannot find data for Mali diesel pricing back in June.

As much as one would like to believe the board are being sincere in their effort to get the best outcome for shareholders, it is difficult to comprehend that when they announced the recapitalisation package the gold price and AUD were as above, and allegedly giving it some more consideration over the weekend, and from advise of lead managers they withdrew the package on the 26th September (some 5 days later) BUT on the weekend the price of gold and the AUD was the same as when they made the initial announcement.

Shareholder backlash for condemning the value of FFX to $0.06c per share was as others have suggested was (IMO) the reason they withdrew because the lead managers were pretty happy to take what the could get out of a desperate and distressed company.
    I mean Euroz Hartleys can buy FFX they have plenty of cash reserves ......

Jinxed or plain stupid?

I go the latter

cheers

$23,000 per week in salaries for those that are left PLUS consultancy fees for the gaugers PLUS consultancy fees for the PR company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.