FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

@JoshuaL -- brought this response to the FFX thread, note that...

1. 6,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4069

@JoshuaL -- brought this response to the FFX thread, note that your content is in italics .. .. .. (the text that looks like it is leaning to the right)
    @Pharrell13 -- beat each other up here, lol

Just todiscuss your self proclamation of being 100% right, and as you asked .. .. .. ..

Re: “howeverwhy not go back and read my posts prior to the Morila purchase

Whereto start as there was that many!

(i) https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-mali-lithium-to-acquire-morila-gold-mine-to-become-producer.5592266/page-266?post_id=46964321
    "and they bought 80% of Ashanti Barrick who only hold 80%, that means you have bought 64% of a tailings mine and they keep 16% you pay the bills as well" -
    wrong
    "now they have sold you a pile of dirt with a promise it has gold in it and they get 22-27 million USD or 30-37 million AUD plus they get 16% royalties" - wrong

~ Sociétés des Mines de Morila SA (Morila SA), a Malian registered company is effectively owned 40% by Barrick, 40% by AngloGold and 20% by the State of Mali and Morila SA owns the mine which lies within the 211km2 Morila Exploitation Licence (Original Decree number 99217/PM-RM dated 4 August 1999 and subsequent amendments)
    The Company has executed a binding agreement to acquire 100% of the share of Morila Limited, a Jersey registered company (Jersey Co), from Barrick and AngloGold. Jersey Co holds the AngloGold and Barrick 80% interest in Morila SA (Barrick and AngloGold each hold 50% interest in Jersey Co).

(ii) https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-mali-lithium-to-acquire-morila-gold-mine-to-become-producer.5592266/page-351?post_id=46973074
    "Ashanti ran out of Gold in 2018, thats documented" -
    wrong

~ According to the AngloGold Ashanti’s Integrated AnnualReport for the period 1 January to 31 December 2019. Morila’s production decreased as planned to 27,000oz (30,000oz 2018) after completion of satellite pit mining in the first half of the year.

(iii) https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-mali-lithium-to-acquire-morila-gold-mine-to-become-producer.5592266/page-364?post_id=46974987
    "Ashanti/Randgold (now Barrick) took over there gold leases and gave them between 2 and 4% royalties," -
    wrong

In terms of the agreement between Morila, Birimian and Birimian's wholly owned subsidiary, Birimian Gold Mali SARL (BGM), Morila is paying BGM a sliding scale Net Smelter Return (NSR) royalty of 4% when the gold price is $1,200/oz or higher and 3% when the gold price is $1,100/oz to $1,199/oz.
    As the following Randgold information shows, the average price of gold sales never fell below US$1,200/oz and therefor the 4% NSR was paid by Randgold on all the gold processed from N'tiola and Viper, and not 2 - 4% royalties.

FYI, for the period 1 April 2018 - 30 June 2019, the price of gold dropped under US$1,200/oz 9 times Augusts 2018, 8 times September 2018 & 3 times October 2018 = 20 times over the 15 month period, historic data from yahoo finance.

Furthermore, Randgold reported average price of gold sales for June (2018) quarter - US$1,281/oz, September (2018) quarter - US$1,206/oz, December (2018) quarter - US$1,232/oz, March (2019) quarter - US$1,306/oz unfortunately, I cannot find a reported average gold price for the June (2019) quarterly. The price of gold over the June quarter period 1 April - US$1,291 to 28 June US$1,408/oz.

~ "as I stated earlier Barrick ceased mining gold in 2018, documented" -
    wrong

Mali Lithium Quarterly Activities report for periodending 30 June 2019 clearly states; “Barrack finished mining the Viper depositand this completed all mining activities on Mali Lithium tenements, the finalRoyalty payment for gold mined to June 2019 is estimated to be $A735,000 and isexpected to be paid in August”. In contrast to that, the 2019 Annual Report stated that Barrick Gold completed mining on the BGM tenements in July 2019.

(iv)
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-security-purchase-plan.5636285/page-72?post_id=48134775

"the SPP is probably not being supported as much as the company would like, there is questions in investors minds that just can't be explained" - wrong

23 October 2020, (7 days after your post) Company releasesannouncement, Heavily Oversubscribed Share Purchase Plan Raises over$9.8m

https://announcements.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20201023/pdf/44p0crqjpyxrld.pdf

The Company is delighted to have received an overwhelmingpositive response from existing shareholders for the $6 million Share Purchase Plan (SPP) announced on 21 September 2020. The strong interest from shareholders has resulted in the Company accepting over subscriptions to raise approximately $9.835m (before costs).

(v) https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-firefinch-celebrates-first-gold-pour.5780000/page-233?post_id=49754281

"you need to DYOR on this stock and post correct information," -
    sorry, but I haven't laughed so hard for ages, my stomach hurts -- -- pure gold!
    "satellite gold leases were not considered high grade or containing enough gold, Randgold bought the only one that had anything worth mining, I think it had 40,000 ounces, they paid BGS back then a maximum of 4% royalties depending on the price," -
    wrong, wrong & wrong, the only thing that is correct is the royalties were paid at the higher 4% rate.

9 November 2016 BGM & Morila SA signed the option and purchase agreements (Option Agreements). The arrangement will allow Morila to access the Viper and N'tiola gold deposits (referred to as Areas of Interest) following the surrender by BGM of the Areas of Interest from it permits. Morila exercised the options on 24 April 2017, following completion of an initial evaluation drilling program. The Option Agreements provided Morila with a six-month option to complete feasibility studies on the two Areas of Interest deposits.

The Company was paid a $100,000 fee, $1,000,000 when Randgold took up the option and a further $4,990,000 for Net Smelter Royalties as a result of Randgold mining the "Area's of Interest" at the N'tiola and Viper satellites, the payments were calculated using the 4% (NSR) as all the gold sales of BGM ore (70,00oz) were conducted at the higher rate (over US$1,200oz price), not too shabby for something that wasn't considered high grade or containing enough gold.
    You can work it out yourself how many ounces but the Option Agreement announcement had an Exploration Target estimated in the range of 4 million to 6 million tonnes grading approximately 1.2 - 1.8g/t Au. Your old time favourite Kevin Joyce signed off on the Exploration Target that was reported in accordance with the Australasian Code fo Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (2012 Edition).

Maybe you should take your own advice and actually do some research in future, rather than making statements that have no factual content! as the following post demonstrates.

(vi) https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-mali-lithium-to-acquire-morila-gold-mine-to-become-producer.5592266/page-336?post_id=46972199
    "you do realise all the figures that MLL has used in the announcement are there guesses only, they have no facts to prove them" -
    wrong

Appendix 2 of the announcement (made the day prior to this particular post) on 31 August 2020 has 7 pages of drill data, that rules out guesswork!
    https://announcements.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200831/pdf/44m3ch8504k9ly.pdf

"the current owners have distanced themselves by
    making? MLL put in a disclaimer to this effect" - wrong
    Do you have any "documented" evidence to support your claims the vendors made MML include the said disclaimer? or would it be a general commercial and/or basic legal requirement so MLL doesn't misrepresent the vendors considering the vendors had no input into the MRE.

"MLL has found a formula that makes the resource look juicy" -
    wrong

The inferred Mineral Resource estimate of 32 million tonnes @ 1.26g/t gold for 1.3 million ounces of contained gold was reported in accordance with the 2012 Edition of the JORC Code, refer to Appendices 2, 3 and 4 for further descriptions of the Resource Estimate, JORC Table 1 and drilling data.
    * Neither Barrick, AngloGold or Morila SA reviewed or took responsibility for the Resource Estimate.
    ** The information relating to Exploration Results and Mineral Resources was based on information compiled by Bill Oliver BSc (Hons) & Dr Alistair Cowden BSc (Hons) PhD. Both being members of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and the Australasian Institute of Geoscientists and both qualify as a Competent Person as defined in the 2012 Edition of the "Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves ('the JORC Code')"

"Ashanti based on all the information available to them saw 2020 as the end of mine life and have been processing old tailings to get by since 2019, those tailings were offering depleted numbers now and the decision to sell has been made" -
    wrong

Barrick/AngloGold had no intentions to sell the mine, the Morila mine was originally schedule to close in 2013 this was later updated to close in 2015, and a final update had it scheduled to close in 2018, as part of the closure plans Randgold was substantially financing an Agribusiness and Agribusiness hub.
    MLL/ Randgold entered into the Option Agreement for Viper & N'tiola Ore that along with Doomba then extended the closure to 2019/2020.
    https://www.miningreview.com/top-stories/morila-agribusiness/

Randgold started processing tailings, marginal ore, and mineralised waste ore in 2013 following a Pit 4S pushback and erm, they did this because?

Furthermore; Barrick said the decision of the current shareholders to sell their stakes in Morila offered the potential for the mine to continue under new ownership structure which would bring access to additional resources and a different approach to how the infrastructure is used to extend the life of the operations. This would allow Barrick to focus on its strategy of discovering, devloping, owning and operating Tier One assets.
    William Jacobs said the proposed acquisition by Mali Lithium Limited offered an opportunity for a new owner to extend the life of the mine by utilising the existing infrastructure, applying different planning and evaluation criteria, and accessing additional satellite resources which would benefit Morila's in-country stakeholders.

"Ashanti are not stupid the left 17 millions dollars worth of gold there and a huge bill to bring back the area to its natural habitat at the end of the mine life (2020)" -
    wrong

Ashanti (and Randgold/Mali Government) according to you, made MLL include a disclaimer against the Resource Estimate but now you are saying there is US$17m worth of gold there and Ashanti knew it? The huge bill was estimated to be $6m post the plant closure, but this was a calculation by MLL and didn't factor in the the work/plans that Randgold implemented, re: tailings being sent to the MSP in preparation of the rehabilitation work.

"do you not think that Ashanti, Barrack or anyone else would have not explored the area for gold, they didnt become the biggest producer by giving away 685 square kilometres of rich gold laced dirt, they checked it and found it had nothing economical to offer" -
    wrong

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6052/6052329-d17100aa6c4404c323f7fce30a69193b.jpg

I personally never gave it a thought, simply because Barrick only owned the 211 square kilometres directly surrounding and including the Morila Mine, the other 474 square kilometres were owned by Firefinch via its subsidiaries, you are totally wrong and untruthful in suggesting that they checked it out.
    To which after intensive drilling campaigns now has a total (including MSP) JORC compliant Reserve of 3.3 million ounces.

"has any independent experts been in to check the viability of the project, has any engineers been in to check the plant, has the ASX given permission, has any funds been raised to pay for all this, simply put no it hasnt happened" - wrong

Considering that the announcement of the Morila Acquisition was released on the ASX announcement platform prior to you making these statements, totally incorrect again, don't you think? Due diligence was completed by management and consultants prior (all covered in the released announcement) the only part of the statement you had correct, they announced the Capital Raising (with commitments of $54m) and SPP 8 days after your post.

"Barrick and Ashanti put disclaimers in the announcement when FFX advised they were buying the plant and mine and there was so much gold available, Barrick and Ashanti categorically denied it,

"
    Wrong again, neither Barrick nor Ashanti have input into Company announcements (and see above) but can you provide evidence of both Barrick and Ashanti categorically denying the Company's Resource figures?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.