FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

The colonial masters left decades ago. Sure they still have some...

1. 471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    The colonial masters left decades ago. Sure they still have some interests but they left behind structures (law & order for example) which have served the masters well for hundreds of years. The state of some of these African countries is not the fault of their former colonial rulers.

The perceived economic insults such as the Uranium price can easily be corrected with royalties.

The problems such as overpopulation and to a significant extent, violence, are due to religion (Catholicism and Islam with the latter being the most toxic).

Rampant corruption cannot be attributed to the colonial masters.

If Leo loses their interests to the Junta who will be the primary beneficiaries? The people or the Junta and Russian interests?

The very fact there are Junta governments highlight significant failures in these countries.

In Mali the Military has been unable to perform their primary security role. I doubt they are any better at Government. The former government were clearly incapable of addressing the tribal/Islamic fighting through diplomacy. Now the people want a return to democracy and they are being denied this. This is a recipe for further problems.

It's unbelievable they have jumped in bed with Russia rather than taking an approach to France and the West which could have served them better. We have to presume cash played some sort of role and Russian brutality was attractive. I can't see the current situation being in the best long term interests of the average Malian.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.