CPM 11.5% 11.5¢ cooper metals limited

General discussion, page-3

1. 1,174 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2619
    To quote Ian Warland, 'we had to trawl through a lot of projects and kiss a lot of frogs': Approx. 4 minutes in, Coffee with Samso Ep 122.

I think these tenures were deliberately secured ‘cheaply’ because the BOD bought them on the basis that Cooper Metals’ value proposition would be in the discovery itself, not on the speculative benefit of a few. Therefore, I believe the BOD have used their negotiation skills to create a new listed company that is highly leveraged for success. Potentially it's a win win situation if they do find something.

Too often with new listings, discoveries are suppressed on any kind of positive news because the initial seed-capitalists and stake-holder’s sell down their large holdings making the share price languish about. This frustrates new holders who buy in good faith for the speculative rerate of the initial discovery. This doesn’t create a feel-good experience with the company’s brand or send the right message to potential new buyers. Ultimately, they end up with disgruntled holders and it can last for years.

I think, CPM doesn’t want to be another one of those companies. In fact, I think they may have potentially laid down the foundation of how new exploration listings should be handled. Ultimately, it's all about the security of supply-chains for the world's industrial needs not theirs. The bottom line is that we need a stable source of copper/gold discoveries and fast. Otherwise, Australia will miss out on adding true value to this new exploration cycle that the world requires. Furthermore, as we are considered a low sovereign-risk country with high ESG credential, we are geared for plenty of capital if we can play our cards right.

Setting the scene for potential short, medium and long term success is clever, however, now the true test will be finding something. With today’s modern technologies and conceptual thinking, I’m optimistic they can. After all, this is Tier1 terrane that they are exploring.And as you say, with cash of ~$4.9M in the bank and 3 projects areas, they’ll sure have a good crack at it.

All IMO, DYOR, GLTAH

Last edited by Mallyrock: 16/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
-0.015(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $9.011M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 11.5¢ $184.2K 1.547M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 477881 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 110000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.5¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 14.8 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ 954269
Last updated 15.08pm 01/05/2024 ?
CPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.