ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

I think a limited DSO operation whilst we are planning/building...

1. 507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    I think a limited DSO operation whilst we are planning/building the plant is certainly being considered . Tim has never ruled out DSO. He was asked in an interview earlier in the year about DSO and his response was that he wouldn't rule it out but that selling concentrate was their main goal. I think that was misinterpreted by some posters here who got the impression that DSO wasn't going to happen.

In his most recent interview he mentioned DSO again and flagged it as an option to get short term cash to help fund the plant. He made the point that ESS is very familiar with DSO. That is how they mined their cesium deposit a few years ago.

We definitely shouldn't be mining the entire deposit as DSO. The revenue difference between selling DSO and selling concentrate could potentially be billions of dollars. Easily enough to justify building a plant, even in the highly unlikely scenario that we never increase our resource size.

Tim has mentioned that they are in discussions with 'many' potential offtake partners. The outcome of these discussions will determine our best course of action. For example, if we can negotiate a contract to sell the entire resource as concentrate, 100% debt funding and a floor price that guarantees a good NPV then we would be crazy to consider DSO. We don't know what deals are being considered so we are all just speculating in the dark.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.