ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

General Discussion, page-2007

1. 1,648 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1293
    I will make that call closer to the date as i indicated earlier - the recent trading is certainly interesting.

If it gets closer to 60c in trading as some have speculated I would likely look to sell 50% perhaps more of my holding as a defensive move in case nothing eventuates I might even sell some in the mid 50s for the same reason.

I have a significant exposure at the current market price - I held out quite a few years ago in a somewhat similar situation not a TO but a big run up - I stayed in at the time expecting further appreciation which was not to be and eventually exited for a much lower return. I have not made that mistake in similar situations since which is why I sold out out a reasonable number last year fortunately just before it peaked.

I might not maximise my return with my defensive approach but after many years of investing I i have learnt it is too hard to pick the peak better to get out at a price where you are happy with the return or perhaps sometimes stay in at a free carry.True I have exited at times early but that is the price for being defensive.

There are always other investments to consider.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.