ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

General Discussion, page-2223

1. 326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Not strictly true. Min have 20%. They can’t buy more without mounting a takeover. Only need 50% to gain control in a takeover. I think a takeover offer for ESS is actually pretty low risk - you either gain control pretty cheaply from frustrated shareholders or you force Min’s hand to mount a higher competing takeover and profit from any shares you have managed to accumulate. Min’s 20% stake was an effective block for the initial scheme arrangement where you need 75% to succeed. Part of this was because a lot of shareholders assumed Min would mount their own takeover. A lot of shareholders saw Min as the natural owner of ESS. Once they showed interest by buying 20% many assumed they would then come through with their own takeover and hence didn’t vote for the scheme. I believe sentiment towards Min is deteriorating by the day since they haven’t mounted a takeover. There’s no way to sugar coat it. Blocking a takeover and then not coming through with your own takeover is a dog act. Therefore if someone else was to mount a scheme arrangement they could potentially even succeed as they can still get 75% of votes ( 75% of remaining 80% ). I do agree this would be difficult but, as I said, sentiment towards Min is deteriorating and I for one would vote for a new scheme and I suspect many others feel the same. There are scheme’s that get 99% votes so getting 75% out of 80% is not impossible. I for one have got it wrong on ESS so far and am increasingly disappointed with how things have progressed since the original scheme was announced. GLTAHs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.