KCN 4.36% $1.54 kingsgate consolidated limited.

General discussion, page-103

1. 2,541 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2455
    Even the Australian Embassy "Mentioned KCN" on their web page smile.png

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4079/4079005-0d820cec616bfe4a7bd65e1c5367dc73.jpg

https://www.austchamthailand.com/headlines-summary-as-of-1-february-2022/

Economics

Akara Mine

• The Thai Ministry of Industry (MoI) revealed that Australia’s Kingsgate Consolidated company and the Thai government have negotiated to defer the date of the TAFTA tribunal award issuance by at least 6 months from the original date of 31 January. The final date will be settled between both parties within this week. MoI said the reason for the deferral is to give more time for the Thai government and the Australian company to negotiate and reach a resolution without the need to involve the TAFTA tribunal lawsuit.
    • DPM Wisanu insisted he is not aware of the TAFTA tribunal award issuance deferral; but is aware of the negotiation between the MoI and Kingsgate that led to the re-opening of Chatree mine. As long as Chatree mine is willing to comply with the measures of the new Mineral Act 2017, it can submit an application to resume operation, said the DPM. He said there exists a committee to consider the application, but whether or not the committee will allow Chatree Mine to reopen will depend on many factors, such as the environment, natural resources and land.
    • The DPM is adamant that the Thai government did not order the closure of the mine – it simply did not renew the mining licenses as it wanted to wait until the new Mineral Act 2017 is finalised. Once the new Mineral Act was enforced, Kingsgate was invited back to proceed with license renewal request. Sources: Naew Na Thai Rath Khao Sod
    • According to Kingsgate’s quarterly report for the period ending 31 December 2021, the ‘TAFTA tribunal has advised that it will continue to defer the issuance of the award until it has resolved certain procedural matters and refrain from issuing the award without prior notification’. Kingsgate also reported to the Australian Stock Exchange that the TAFTA tribunal has deferred the verdict reading ‘indefinitely’. Source: BBC Thai
    • The Civic Group for Mineral and Gold Mining Reform gathered at the Permanent Secretary’s Office to present evidence that the 4 outstanding mining leases granted by Thai government to Chatree mine are for plots of land which are being prosecuted for land encroachment. In 2020, the Thai Royal Forest Department asked the police and Department of Special Investigation to take action against Akara Resources for encroaching on 15 plots of public and forest land in Phichit and Phetchaun provinces. The civic group said the granting of the mining leases is therefore illegal and breaches the Mineral Act 2017. The group also added that this is just one among the array of illegal activities committed by Kingsgate, which are being investigated by DSI. The Group said the Thai government has caused a colossal damage to the country by illegally renewing the mining license to Kingsgate. Source: Nation TV

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.54
Change
-0.070(4.36%)
Mkt cap ! $395.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.58 $1.58 $1.52 $796.5K 517.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10998 $1.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.54 2199 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.