KCN 1.48% $1.67 kingsgate consolidated limited.

General discussion, page-3

1. 2,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2399
    KCN
    I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
    I'm a wanted man
    Public enemy number one
    Understand?
    So lock up your daughter, lock up your wife
    Lock up your back door, run for your life
    The man is back in town
    So don't you mess me 'round
    'Cause I'm T.N.T. I'm dynamite

In green the benefits cool.png

https://www.bbc.com/thai/thailand-60227354

News from Feb. 2 / 2022

Agra gold mine: open 7 questions of the public sector in case the government allows Kingsgate to reopen the gold mineagra gold mineเครือข่ายประชาชนผู้เป็นเจ้าของแร่ยื่นหนังสือถึงตัวแทนฝ่ายค้านเว็บไซต์ บมจ. อัคราฯ

February 2, 2022

IMAGE SOURCE,NATTAWUT UPPA, NOEN MAPRANG ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION GROUP

caption,

The condition of the Akara gold mine area, which is located at the junction of 3 provinces -- Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun

a group of representatives of the people called "People who own minerals network" with villagers who live near the Agra gold mine In the area bordering Phichit, Phetchabun and Phitsanulok provinces, submitted a letter to the Leader of the Opposition and the Opposition Party. Calls to investigate the case of the government granting Australia's Kingsgate Consolidated Limited which is the parent company of Akara Resources Public Company Limited, the operator of Akara gold mining can resume operations again.

The move came after Kingsgate revealed that the Thai government had approved concession certificates for 4 mines, paving the way for the Chatree mine to reopen.The approval came shortly before the International Arbitral Tribunal postponed the reading of the award. "Akara gold mining case" that the company sued the Kingdom of Thailand indefinitely Originally, the verdict was expected on 31 Jan.

The Akara Gold Mining case is a case that Kingsgate has filed with international arbitration, demanding that the Thai government compensate more than 750 million dollars or about 30 billion baht from the case that Gen. Prayut Chan-ocha signed a contract. Order of the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order No. 72/2559 ordered the closure of the Agra gold mine.which the company sees as "Unlawful mine closure order by the Thai government" and is a violation of the Thai-Australia free trade agreement.

In addition to a group of representatives from the People's Network of Mineral Owners, about 20 representatives of villagers in Noen Maprang District, Phitsanulok Province joined in to submit the letter, including Dr. Cholanan Srikaew, Pheu Thai Party leader and opposition leader in the House of Representatives. Representatives representing lawmakers took the matter, along with representatives of other opposition parties.

network representativeHas mentioned the peculiarities of the government that allowed Kingsgate Company to prepare to return to open the Agra gold mine. Along with urging the opposition to bring such issues to the government's debate. including finding out the facts in the arbitration process to reveal to the public

Miss Juthamas Srihattapadungkitnetwork representative indicates that the network has been following this case for a long time and considers that the Agra gold mine should be closed Because the assembly has many defects such as

-People do not participate in the process of preparing environmental impact reports and permitting gold mining operations.

-The company allocates a budget for the development of the surrounding communities at a very low level, only 0.1% of the gold value

- The gold mine has no bumper lines.The village next to the mine turned into an abandoned village. community collapse,

-No area regeneration during and after mine closure.

“It is regrettable that the Thai government has not sufficiently used this information to defend international arbitration cases.as if there was a behavior that allowed Thailand to lose the case Or in exchange for not losing the case by allowing Kingsgate Co., Ltd. to return to gold mining again," she said.

IMAGE SOURCE,NETWORK OF PEOPLE WHO OWN MINERALS

caption,

Dr Cholanan Srikaew, Leader of the OppositionGet a letter from an agent"People's Network of Mineral Owners"

Questions on what the Thai government gives to Kingsgate Co., Ltd.

network representative Referring to news reports during the past week that Akara has received the card. including other benefits that may be greater than the dispute in the arbitration In exchange for the Prayut government, the arbitral tribunal did not have to There is an arbitral order to lose the case. which has to pay a fine of approximately 24,750 million baht according to the current exchange rate

by the networkThey noted seven things that made them think the government was giving benefits to Kingsgate Co., which is beyond the dispute

1. The Company will be allowed to resume mining on the same area or "Chatree Field" which has 1 remaining plots out of a total of 5 plots, an area of 1,259 rai and in the "North Chatree Field" which has 8 remaining plots out of a total of 9. plots, covering an area of 2,466 rai, including the extension of the concession certificate for the Chatree field, which expired in 2020, or extending the concession certificate for the Chatree field for another 10-20 years; It has been mining for many years from the Head of the NCPO Order No. 72/2016, which ordered all gold mining since January 1, 2017.

2. The company will be permitted to mine in the new area other than Clause 1 which is an application for a concession that has been pending for many years.According to information at Kingsgate Co., Ltd. Previously announced to disallowed of Australia It was found that such a new area was "Suan Suwan", which is 6-10 kilometers north of Chatree field, occupies an area of approximately 20 square kilometers, or about 12,500 rai, is expected to be in Wang Prong Subdistrict, Noen Maprang District, Phitsanulok Province, and "Sam Chok" D" is located 20 kilometers north of "Chatri Field" on an area of approximately 18,750 rai, is expected to be in the districts of Ban Mung Subdistrict and Wang Ya Subdistrict, Noen Maprang District, Phitsanulok Province, where gold deposits are deposited onto Areas inside and outside the Thung Salaeng Luang National Park and the Wang Thong Basin Forest National Reserved Forest on the left bank

IMAGE SOURCE,AKARA PLC. WEBSITE

3. Will be extended or renewed various licenses related to gold mining under the Chatree and North Chatree concession certificates, such as a metallurgy license Permit to establish a place for storing turbid water or sandy soil outside the mining area, etc., which is considered It also allowed the metallurgical plant to triple its gold smelting from 8,000 tonnes per day to 24,000 tonnes per day, even though the plant was built prior to the permit and before the impacts were reported. Environmental and Health (EHIA) will be approved. which is now a case in the Supreme Administrative Court The Administrative Court of First Instance has ordered the extension metallurgical plant not to operate.

4. The company will receive a reduction in mineral royalties.Special benefits that must be given to the Department of Primary Industries and Mines (Kor Por Kor.) upon obtaining a concession certificate and upon receiving other taxes of other business operations and metallurgical gold mining

5. Bring Akara Company Limited to the Thai Stock Exchange without having to follow additional legal procedures.

6. The company will receive a special license to explore gold ore of not less than 1 million rai, which the network of mineral owners has information that Kingsgate Company Limited has received licenses for 44 plots with an area of approximately 4 hundred thousand rai in e. Phetchabun According to the mineral committee resolution on October 16, 2020, the other 6 hundred thousand plots are located in the border area of 3 provinces Phichit, Phetchabun and Phitsanulok.and other areas in Lop Buri, Chonburi and Chanthaburi

7. Kingsgate Co., Ltd. will be allowed to transport gold and silver outstanding in the former production system before being suspended by the Head of the NCPO Order No. 72/2016 to enter the gold and silver smelting process in Domestic smelter since Sept. 2020

Previously, Mr. Nirand YingmahisaranonDirector-General, Department of Primary Industries and Mines Has previously explained the case of approval of the renewal of the concession certificate of Akara Plc. including permission to renew the mining license This is in order to support the Thai industrial sector to provide raw materials for gold and silver as a substitute for imports. Help strengthen the economy of the country. and raise income as well as to increase the quality of life of people in nearby communities in the midst of a tough economy People's income has decreased due to the situation of the Covid-19 outbreak. provided that the Company must operate with responsibility to the environment and the community.

The opposition vows to question the government

On the side, Dr. Cholanan Srikaew, Pheu Thai Party Leader and Leader of the Opposition in the House of Representativessaid after receiving the letter from the People's Network that the opposition parties will bring this matter into the parliamentary process according to the wishes of the complainants

“This year, the opposition coalition has written a motion as a general debate.Constitution Section 152 to bring about the Agra gold mine Regarding permission to approve the opening of a new mine The granting of various patents is an issue of fact-finding in the council," said Dr. Cholanan, and will bring the information that the network has observed in a live forum to ask those involved in the council immediately tomorrow (Feb 3). )

In addition, the opposition leader saidwill go to the area to listen to opinions and meet people in the area and pushing the matter to the Commission for in-depth, parallel scrutiny.

Last edited by doncamilo: 07/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.67
Change
-0.025(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $429.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.70 $1.72 $1.66 $916.1K 543.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7253 $1.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.67 38183 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.