KCN 0.00% $1.62 kingsgate consolidated limited.

General discussion, page-59

1. 2,377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2262
    https://siamrath.co.th/n/320834

NACC navigating the Agra gold mine Order to solve problems, urgently communicate with villagers before starting the plane

agra gold mine Before starting the gold mining machine The National Council for Peace and Order Commission (NACC) of the House of Representatives went to the area to listen to the issues surrounding the operators and villagers, both the supporters and the opposing sides, asking about the environmental impact on the day of the operation and after 10 more. How will the environment and community be restored if the concession expires next year? The Agra Department organizes the information to explain the quality of soil, water, air, is up to standards. There are continuous inspections every period, explaining that there is a fund that villagers have access to hundreds of millions of baht. In the past, the royalties paid 4,030 million baht to the state. If they opened, they had 20 million baht per month for employment. Thousands of villagers had jobs for sure.

Latest on 8 Feb. 65 progress of the Agra gold mine. Which is located at Khao Chet Luk Subdistrict, Thap Khlo District, Phichit Province, which used to be under the NCPO era by General Prayut Chan-ocha, Prime Minister, using the name of Section 44 to order the closure of the Akara gold mine. Then the Kingsgate Company as the plaintiff requested justice for international arbitration and there was a negotiation to settle the dispute. Until now, international arbitration has not been finalized, but it appears that Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha in the current government has given the green light to allow the Agra gold mine to resume operations under criticism and opposition from opposition groups. But in the opposite corner, the real villagers, the real voices, a large group of 29 villages in 3 sub-districts within a 5 km radius of the Agra gold mine all flocked to raise up banners to support the gold mine to open up business, hoping that the villagers would have jobs. Make the economy better

Most recently, in the past 2 days, Mr. Jaruk Sri-on, Vice Chairman of the Commission and a panel consisting of Mr. Teeratchai Phantumas, the commission's spokesman, Mr. Prademchai Boonchuay, the committee's secretary, and Colonel glory Supatmee, Acting Police Colonel Patinya Boonphadung, Mr. Wachira Wong Aphai, Mr. Thakon Thanalertlarp, Secretary of the Committee have joined together to listen to opinions from government agencies at local and provincial levels including a small group of villagers who are opposing and a large group of villagers who are supportive by visiting the area to see the metallurgical plant Area where the card was taken Waste sludge dumping pond and briefing from Mr. Surachat Munsamai, Science and Health Manager Akara Co., Ms. Yuvathida Puk-on, Head of Community Relations and Development Division, Akara Co., Ltd.

By Mr. Surachat Munsamai, Manager of Science and Health Department, Akara, clarified to the NACC that The operations of the Agra Gold Mine are of world class standards. The relevant government agencies regularly and continuously inspect the environmental area with clear evidence. As for the cyanide content in the allegedly attacked slag dump, it is confirmed that it is only 0.3, which, compared to a cup of coffee, contains 6 PPM of cyanide. In the sludge dumping ponds, the 1-2nd pond has an observation well which is a shallow well 15 m deep, a deep well 60 m deep, and another 40 wells are drilled at a distance of 5 m at each point. flowed into these 40 trap ponds before, which since the year of the operation to the year 64 in these ponds has never been detected cyanide. On the economic side, Mr. Surachat, Science and Health Manager, Akara Company Limited, clarified to the committee that Akara pays 40 million baht per month for electricity, Buy gas - buy oil 20 million baht / month, pay as wages for employees during the operation 20 million baht/month, pay royalties from Jun. 44-Mar. 2016, totaling 4,030 million baht.

In addition, Ms. Yuwathida Puk-on, Head of Community Relations and Development, Akara, also explained to the committee that the Akara Gold Mine has a fund that the community will directly benefit from before the Akara Gold Mine closes. The business consists of a 85 million baht environmental and quality of life insurance fund, supervised by the Department of Primary Industries and Mines. (Kor Por.), the Local Development Fund has a money of 60 million baht. This money, during the year 60-64, 29 villagers in 3 villages around the Agra gold mine sub-district made a community forum asking to use the money in 3 rounds of activities fell into the hands of villagers. Already, the Agra Community Development Fund has 90 million, which is the implementation of the agreement attached to the concession certificate. The communities who are entitled to benefit from this fund are villagers in Khao Chet Luk Sub-District, Tai Dong Subdistrict, Village Development Fund arising from the expansion of the metallurgical plant, Plant 2, Agra sends money to the fund during the years 55-60. to Village No. 8, Ban Nikhom, Village No. 3, Ban Khao Din Subdistrict Khao Chet Luk, 1 million baht per village during the past 5 years as well. These are just some, but are delivered to the villagers around the Agra gold mine.

Mr. Jaruk Sri-on, Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees gave an interview that In this field visit, we met with provincial-local-level governments-Agra gold mining workers-supporting villagers-dissent villagers who provided a variety of information. But now, Agra has given 4 plots of certificates, so I have to look at the in-depth information and give advice that if Agra opens for business, it is necessary to understand the people in the area well so that no one will be in trouble. NACC insists on neutrality Understand and sympathize with all parties, but everything must be based on the happiness of the people and the benefits that the nation will receive primarily.

Mr. Teeratchai Phantumas, a party-list MP, Kaw Klai Party, as a spokesman for the committee has commented and interviewed reporters that this visit to the area since the request for a special parachute Listen to opinions around in every dimension and suggest solutions to problems so that all parties can reach a solution. There are many stories that governments have to take care of and entrepreneurs have to take remedial action for those affected, including an analysis of whether the 10-12% state royalty received is low with the loss of resources of the government. nation Including various impacts that will occur today and in the next 10 years, that is, until 2031, the Agra gold mine has been renewed.

But the global issue is that Kingsgate sued the Thai government over international arbitration, the matter remains pending. But why did the Thai government return to renew the concession certificate for the Agra gold mine? This is a legal issue that must be investigated further.

The reporter added that the investigation of the Agra gold mine is not over yet and it is not over because the NACC is collecting documents and will invite all parties involved in the past and present. to clarify at the Faculty The NACC, the House of Representatives will also continue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.62
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $416.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.61 $1.65 $1.59 $1.509M 935.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 32143 $1.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.62 9317 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.63
  Change
0.000 ( 0.98 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.62 $1.65 $1.59 60783
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.