KCN 0.57% $1.76 kingsgate consolidated limited.

General discussion, page-4168

1. 568 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 255
    Time has never been a concern for me, Oldfolk. What truly bothers me is management's audacity to award themselves a $500,000 bonus amidst a funding shortage. I understand the pressures they face dealing with a foreign government and the constant harassment from lenders and insurance companies seeking a settlement that seems unattainable.The 'icebergs' on the sell side indicate downward pressure. It is evident that there are a few elephants wanting to buy, and can you blame them? When will anyone see these historically low prices again, especially when they push above $ 2.50?

My primary worry is whether they can conserve funds until the opening. I doubt that reopening plant #1 will solve all our problems. It may expedite processes, but cash flow issues will persist, especially if they don't sell "NE," which seems likely. Management needs to devise a new strategy and abandon the 'imminent sale' narrative, which has eroded their credibility.

As for 'NE,' my concern is less about the asset itself and more about the strain it places on our capital. The additional overheads in Thailand and here, coupled with the unnecessary purchase of forty new earth movers while a fleet lies unused, is troubling. It would have been wiser to utilize the old fleet until the year's end to improve our financial position.I've been increasing my stake since the price dropped to $1.21.

The question is, can we clear our debts within two years, and if so, will management consider a buy-back before reallocating funds? Initially, I thought retaining 'NE' was preferable to selling, but the challenges with plant #1 have led me to believe that a partnership might be a less painful option than starting anew.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.76
Change
0.010(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $454.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.78 $1.78 $1.73 $556.2K 317.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 14418 $1.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.76 3325 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.08pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.76
  Change
0.010 ( 1.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.76 $1.77 $1.73 15109
Last updated 13.39pm 04/06/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.