LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

General Discussion, page-10334

1. 5,659 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2479
    "In its own Investment Code and in bilateral investment treaties (BITs) with other States, Mali has undertaken obligations that include:
    not to expropriate investments made by foreign investors without fair compensation;
    to accord foreign investors fair and equitable treatment;
    not to impair the value of investments made by foreign investors;to comply with obligations arising from agreements entered into with foreign investors; and,
    not to discriminate against foreign investors."
    My bold above from link:
    Also.
    "The New Mining Code does not apply to exploration and mining permits granted under previous legislation,but applies to new permits and renewal of existing permits on projects already underway. However, the Local Content Law applies, with immediate effect, to all existing mining projects across the country."
    My bold above.
    See link below:
    Insight – The impact of Mali’s revised legislation on foreign mining compliance - LALIVE
    I cannot see Mali formally Nationalising all mining. There are that many mines in Mali and many more to come if the environment is right. The sheer size of the total industry would be to huge for a mining 'dumb' Junta to run. It would make running BHP look like kids stuff.
    I think they will be happy to run like a Mali Mafia and skim big $$ off the top without taking the operational and financial risk but allowing companies to make just enough to warrant further exploration etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.