LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

General Discussion, page-2081

1. 4,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6768

Article in the West Australian below, my bolding,
    Combined with the article in Yesterday's Australian....

I think with Firefinch becoming a shelf company holding 17.6% of Leo, companies like Rio who are looking for Lithium assets would be having a very close look at Leo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the recent decision by FFX has something to do with possible corporate action involving their holding.

LLL has no other major shareholders, and a company like Rio is not in the least bit hesitant about African Investments. Liontown would also be a good fit, but Tim Goyder owns 15%. The recent drilling results show just how big our resource has the potential to become. It is clearly a tier 1 Resource, nothing in Australia comes close.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/dataroom/banks-to-launch-equity-raising-for-mystery-client/news-story/4e9e057810b61184bab45ed2538926ac

Capital raisings may be few and far between in the current market, but two banks are said to be about to buck the trend and tap the market for a client.
    DataRoom understands Royal Bank of Canada and Morgan Stanley are launching an equity raising for an Australian listed company in the coming days.
    Two sectors where companies are likely to be looking for cash are resources – particularly the gold and lithium sectors – and technology.

https://thewest.com.au/business/lithium/bhp-wont-join-lithium-gold-rush-anytime-soon-says-chair-ken-mackenzie--c-8743703
    BHP is not expected to join the wave of companies rushing to mine lithium amid soaring prices for the battery mineral, with chair Ken MacKenzie saying it doesn’t “tick all the boxes”.

Mr MacKenzie said BHP had in the past looked at lithium — which he described as a “very hot commodity” — and continued to assess it. But so far, it has not met the company’s criteria to be deemed “attractive” to its portfolio.

“It needs to be a commodity that can be meaningful in the scale and scope of BHP. It needs to have steep cost curves. We’d like the rent or the profitability to be upstream in the supply chain and not in the middle stream or more downstream,” Mr MacKenzie said on Thursday in a wide-ranging shareholder Q&A.

“So there’s a number of boxes that need to be ticked in the case of lithium, it doesn’t tick all those boxes for us. The barriers to entry are quite low, it’s quite abundant, the value is spread through the supply chain.

“It’s not necessarily a commodity that we’re interested in pursuing at this point in time, but we keep everything under continuous review.”

It puts BHP at odds with competitor Rio Tinto, which has reportedly been asking for pitches from some of the biggest investment banks for lithium companies and projects it could buy after exploration licences for its Jadar lithium project in Serbia were revoked earlier this year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.