LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Simon waiving off future dividends in the recent webinar was a...

1. 9,643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2901
    Simon waiving off future dividends in the recent webinar was a tactical and strategic mistake IMHO.
    I'll put it in the strategic mistake folder alongside failure to buy back the shares FFX have in a scrip deal to help ward off a cheap takeover.

Only way we're going to see fair value on this stock is if it gives returns to shareholders IMO. Unless investors see an actual return they're just not going to price the assets anywhere close to ones located in Australia. If we had a 30 cent dividend in 2026 then the SP will certainly reflect value - the instos and boomers will have be woken up to it.

Least Simon could have done is give a generic open answer like " We will of course look at a healthy dividend policy in the future, alongside looking at new opportunities to grow the company." Instead he and the Chair both pretty much shat on the idea of dividends after clearing any debt. Said they were looking to buy up other assets instead.
    I was not impressed.

Simon is a fantastic asset as a leader to develop the project and probably to get a deal done on the last half of stage 2, but as to his strategic thinking.....not loving it so far tbh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.