LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Agree,,Lithiums be coming the 'new oil'. Political tensions...

1. 636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Agree,,Lithiums be coming the 'new oil'. Political tensions rising over Lithium access US 'Inflation Reduction Act' stepped up the politicisation with the the EV credits if certain percentage of battery materials sourced from US or approved 'friendly nations'. I think by 2028 85% has to be sourced from those countries.===============================
    Thing is in the end imo is all down to prices and if Chines EV are still cheaper than US lithium based EV, people will buy Chinese's..
    Often politics and market don't follow the same direction, one thing that the west fail to realise is that not only the Chines have huge market share of lithium production, but also that they are getting better at dominating the technological supply chain.
    Just recently surfaced the rumour that CATL is offering discounts for battery supplied to Chinese automakers, rather than western like Tesla.

The only real financing the west has done to support an industry is when they bail out banks, the equivalent for lithium would be to directly finance lithium mining. Not lending but at best take a stake in the project and by doing so lowering production costs. The alternative is to impose huge import taxes to Chinese productions, but I am not so sure how they are going to quare up the inflation conundrum, as to buy more expensive western produced goods will rise inflation.
    More over if the Chinese currency appreciate, or the $ will decline, it would mean that Ganfeng will be able to afford higher US$ denominated raw material prices. All good for LLL revenue.
    Current market cap some US$ 500Mil and linked to supply the biggest world EV market, it should be ok.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.