LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Couple of assertions in error there IMO. Firstly, GF are not a...

1. 9,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2873
    Couple of assertions in error there IMO.

Firstly, GF are not a major miner. In fact they do almost no mining themselves, from what I know. I think they'll want far more certainty (read, new government) before committing to a TO of the JV. Surely they learned their lesson from Mexico in this regard.
    Secondly - the only mining projects under the old code, that currently need something from Government, Leo and Kodal are held up by Gov.
    I would expect this pattern to repeat when the other majors need something....they get the go-slow/no-go treatment until they agree to some or all of the new mining code. I would expect none of the majors are in a hurry to find out and any expansions requiring gov sign off they may have will be delayed until we wee the back of this government.

Did this Junta compromise with France? Nope, kicked them out. Did they compromise with the UN? Nope, kicked them all out too.
    Did they compromise with the other West African States? No, told them all to GAGF and formed their own bloc with Burkina Faso, Niger and Guinea threatening war on one, was a war on all. Not sure I see much compromise in this Junta from where I stand. The list of orgs, countries and bodies they have told to GFY is getting quite long.

@GARETH78 while I agree with you that it's in everyone's best interest to compromise, and management will try and get a deal done, at some point a (shite) deal is NOT in shareholders' interest. If they are insisting on the new mining code in full for example....then no, it has to be arbitration. How can you accept a mining licence where the Junta are allowed to simply set up their own plant and mine the ore with no compensation to us? Ridiculous.
    If they are insisting on extra-legal taxes that cost us $30 mill...and that was all, you could see our management getting over it and moving on..price of doing business, it's clearly much more than that or else it wouldn't have taken this long.

Anyways time will tell. Not like any of us know the answer yet. Arbitration a 50/50 bet IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.