DRE 6.67% 1.6¢ dreadnought resources ltd

Interesting post thanks Benny. what you said about a T/O being...

1. 743 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 707
    Interesting post thanks Benny.

what you said about a T/O being more likely at the mining finance stage, I think you're right but what are the chances of some deep pocketed twiggy type seeing the value in getting it a lot cheaper by pouncing early and having the confidence to assemble a team or somehow engage enough of the current one to continue in some form?

The bit about the economic doomsday scenario intrigues me too. I hear various similar predictions such as what you describe and many of them seem very plausible on one hand but in some other ways they dont seem to make sense since the solutions suggested to rectify the issues predicted seem unlikely or improbable. If one system falls there has to be a more desirable system to replace it, else there will be anarchy.

Yes, fiat currencies seem doomed and have probably passed the point of no return, but the world has to keep going and civilizations will always need a trusted medium of exchange in whatever form it may take. I doubt we can have too many different forms though because it would end up becoming a logistical nightmare and probably eventually result in us returning to some universally accepted measure of exchange anyway. I doubt that will be bitcoin. Its just too flawed, too much of it is owned by too few and governments can not and will not allow private forms money to dominate and undermine their control like that. As much as it''s the bitcoiners' wet dream I doubt it will happen.. I think the govt has not even tried to get rid of bitcoin for whatever reason so far,... maybe its a proxy trial for their CBDC, but when they want to, they will eviscerate it. The govt has a military and control over the infrastructure that bitcoin runs on amongst other factors. Hard to see a few nerdy bitcoiners, led from behind by "allegedly" corrupt coke snorting cowards like Saylor and co offering any real resistance if it comes down to a fight, let alone it surviving something like a carrington event or nuclear war fallout that renders much of the electronics toast. . Once faith is lost in bitcoin it will collapse faster than the world trade center.

I think if the world changes radically enough that all fiat currency becomes untrusted and worthless, anyone holding any assets of any tangible value like mining shares or farmland etc will not even be safe for long in so far as the "new" system will somehow reallocate a portion of whatever you thought you owned, to pay for government and societies demands as needed. After all, someone's got to pay something and ownership of anything is nearly always an illusion. Effectively nationalized companies or industries, super-taxes, levies, duties, tolls, customs or whatever form it takes, it will be taken as needed until their is sufficient backlash. The seeds for this are happening already in some of the tin pot countries like chille and parts of africa and even closer to home in tin pot states like queensland, with their imposition of coal royalties etc. Somehow your assets will be taken from you as needed. I know its not perfect but I would have more trust in some form of gold standard currency, or currency based on a fixed unit of something universally accepted like energy maybe..?. The new style of currency like the proposed BRICS+ might work for a while for the members of that bloc until it is corrupted but im sure western govts wont have a part of it so we will still need another form of currency to trade between ourselves and different blocs. What it will be l Im not sure, thats above my pay grade and I dont profess to have the answers.

One thing is for sure though, there will be turmoil as we evolve and transition into the next system and I'm sure as you mentioned, the value of companies owning real assets like commodities will increase greatly as people flee the uncertainty of failing fiat currencies. I just hope we can benefit fully from that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.