VMT 4.17% 11.5¢ vmoto limited

General Discussion, page-34

1. 2,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    I think we may be in position soon to buy more VMT in the low 30s and 20s. Based on the current SELL/BUY balance, extreme nerves in the investor market on several areas, some peripheral but definitely related to VMT (including China links) and the strategy of Charles et al to keep their cards close - almost a perfect storm for a protracted period in the doldrums IMO.

Many of us here have researched VMT deeply and get the positive story (for example when I was buying up <10c/sh, and again loaded up at 17c/sh the onset of COVID, and note I also sold a fair bit at 60-65c/sh in 2020, and rebought <20c/sh), but some clouds brewing and you can see that reflected in the recent SP and market balance.

Beholden on Charles et al to tell the good story, set up appropriate governance and give investors something to buy into. VMT prefers to drop the news after it happens in terms of sales creeping up in previous quarters - but investors are forward-looking. What could happen here is VMT increases sales and builds cash for a few years as they are now (a few people on Hot Copper will be really happy and think that means it's in the bag), VMT share price will remain subdued, the e-bike industry will become more competitive and VMT loses the early mover advantage, sales start to plateau and then drop off, share price goes down to something like 10-20c/sh.....a sad scenario I hope does not happen.

For mine, September 2020 when the VMT share price was 65c/sh+, is still likely the peak of what will ever be achieved in investment returns on VMT. The first Ducati deal was signed and the market appropriately gave VMT a very healthy multiple - that is how investing works. I sold VMT then, have traded in and out of VMT since, but it's a different investment proposition now - the days of big gains are gone, and institutional investors steer clear bar Regal who have played.

There are some rules in investing - when you are waiting around for a company to actually deliver, you are already walking with one foot in your investing grave. Far better to be taking profits on the market pricing in future success, early. This has served me well. For me, we're in the after world/twilight for VMT after the 2020 share price run-up - the market priced in the future then.

Here's what I posted in 2020 when the Share price was about 60c/sh. That's when I started selling. It's quite instructive to see the posts where sadly, poor folk thought we were going much higher......

VMOTO LIMITED (ASX:VMT) - Is Regal the Kiss of Death for VMT?, page-1 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

PS enough from me today, I'm getting bearish
    Last edited by HarkenBanks: 03/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $46.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 11.5¢ $15.23K 132.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12379 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 137980 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.28am 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 9.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 11.5¢ 13500
Last updated 10.26am 01/05/2024 ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.