ARU 1.43% 17.8¢ arafura rare earths ltd

How frustrating, yesterday at 1.01pm the shorts dumped 2M in one...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    How frustrating, yesterday at 1.01pm the shorts dumped 2M in one big hit and again today at 11.04am the same thing happened, shock and awe tactics. Once again going very hard, because they can?

I really do hope you have some success with ASIC Birch on this Short selling tactic being employed.

I appreciate that most short selling occurs with established companies and all that are in the top 20 are such companies, except 2.

They are ARU and LTR, both trying to forge their way into production and naturally with a few challenges along the way. We were always going to have some delays and these grubs have seized the moment. We are the most shorted stock in the last 6 months and now hovering around the 16-20 mark from zero earlier this year. GR is the highest SH in each? Their current trading price is effectively 50% of what she purchased them so unless there is a clever strategic play we are not privvy to wouldn't make sense for her to be the catalyst behind such a sustained attack.

How does a company survive when you aren't a trading business with this sort of beligerent tactics playing out? There seems to be no protection whatsoever so effectively the shorts can determine our future to some degree as at some stage we will need to raise monies. The dilution could be multiples more than in normal circumstances. These Shorts see the potential of this company which unfortunately becomes the negative rather than the positive, they want in for a lot less than normal commercial supply and demand. They can and have manipulated the SP down with sustained Short selling. We aren't at the stage where big instos can buy in as we haven't ticked off enough of the criteria for them to consider taking on 140M of shorts. The shorts know all of this and when and if good news comes they can control the positive sentiment and exit in an orderly way knowing full the news won't be anything they haven't weighed up.

I think someone mentioned recently the only reason it hasn't been pushed lower is the shorts probably don't see the benefit to go any further as they have risk/reward metrics they work to as well.

It is just frustrating a company not in the top 500 can be targeted this way? Another learning curve for me. I would love to know the rationale, but I don't, hence my ramblings, good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.8¢
Change
0.003(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $415.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.5¢ $530.5K 2.952M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 1051795 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 322632 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.36pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.