ARU 2.63% 19.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

1. 406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47

First up we have readers' most-tipped stock. It's Arafura Rare Earths. It's a rare earth explorer based in the Northern Territory. Henry, I might start with you. Is it a buy, hold or sell?

Arafura Rare Earths (ASX: ARU)

Henry Jennings: I'm amazed this is the most-tipped stock.

Ally Selby: Most-tipped small cap.

Henry Jennings (BUY): Most-tipped small cap. Arafura has been around for a long, long time, I've got to say. We've been hearing about the Nolans rare earths project for a long time. Finally, it's on the cusp of getting there. I'd be a buyer of this one. I think rare earths are going to be a 2023 story, and I think the West has woken up to the strategic value of rare earths again. I mean, we've seen this before. And I think Arafura is the next best placed after Lynas Rare Earths (ASX: LYC). It's the next cab off the rank, so I'm a buyer of this one.

Ally Selby: You said you can't believe readers are voting for it, but it's share price rose are whopping 156% over the past 12 months.

Henry Jennings: Well, [Gina Rinehart's] Hancock Prospecting being involved is the Midas touch. That's kind of the big tick of approval, isn't it? The fact that she's got billions and is a tiny part of it, it's like me putting $2 into a company really, but it looks good.

Ally Selby: Over to you, Michael, is it a buy, hold or sell?

Michael Wayne (HOLD): We're going to go hold on Arafura. It's one that we do hold for clients and done very well off in the last six months or so, but there was a capital raising at the back end of last year, which allowed Gina Rinehart and Hancock Prospecting to take a big stake in the company, or 10% stake. So we feel as though there might be a little bit of hype in the share price at the moment, but we do like the story. They basically produce a very rare commodity, 90% of it comes out of China. It's an enormous asset with over 30 years mine life. They've got some good offtake agreements with the likes of Hyundai and Kia. So they look like they're going to be able to deliver production by 2025, and if they are able to do so, we think the share price will do very well, notwithstanding some volatility along the way. So I'll go a hold at the moment with a view to buying some more if it pulls back. Sent

Last edited by DonFrye: 27/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $450.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $795.5K 4.113M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 2717896 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 591590 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.3¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ 2982928
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.