LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

Hello DeWirral. Yes, it's been a long slog, but it has been as...

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2078
    Hello DeWirral. Yes, it's been a long slog, but it has been as well, globally, for most other lithium explorers, biomed, many mineral commodities, tech start ups and speculative companies in general. Not specifically today, but the lithium sector seems to be at an inflexion point. After a year and a half decline, spot price in China continues to rise daily and substantially off the 2 month flat-line low.

I'll admit to being puzzled by many posters very recently expressing doubt, dismay and disappointment just when we are at a promising point, for macro factors and sentiment, but also specifically when our company is finally signing off on a tangle of deals years in the making. It certainly has taken longer to finalise than anyone imagined it would and JW has acknowledged this in our recent QRs.

The second bullet point on the first page of our most recent quarterly states "project funding commitments continue to be sought for this quarter," so perhaps we can collectively hold our breath for 3 more weeks? If the sun rises on Monday, the 1st of April (how ironic) and we still have no news of a final funding solution, I would hope at that point management have a very clear explanation as to why not.

In the meantime, as of 31 December 2024 we have 3.7 quarters of funding left, plus nearly $4M of "remaining standby equity capital available" from our Acuity agreement. We also have Plan B, but I am hoping we don't need to sell our stockpiles at the market low. Their value will obviously be much greater if used for our own commissioning. Also, I'm probably not the only shareholder whose stomach churns at the thought of Karibib material being roasted because of a) ESG reasons and b) not wishing to play into China's market dominance and imo sector manipulation.

One point I will counter regarding shareholder communication. Of the many companies that I hold and have held over many years, Lepidico's quarterly and annual reports, ASX announcements re tech and company progress, and their regular corporate updates and presentations are far, far more detailed and generous than are those of my other listed companies. Our management have never "spruiked," putting out fluffy announcements in an attempt to temporarily lift shareholder sentiment. I respect that. Lepidico is a long-term play, not flash in the pan.

So I do not agree with your "utter garbage" communication to shareholders and "over promised and under delivered" statements, neither with your opinion that you "have been rewarded with contempt, bullsh%t and 0% results." In the month I've been back on HC, many other posters have expressed similar sentiments, but frankly mine are the opposite. Two anecdotal cases in point:

1) When I provide sources, as in my post yesterday trying to assist C Brooks on his caesium hunt, it takes me a fair while to go through dozens of LPD ASX announcements to locate something I remember reading over this 8 year journey. They are not fluffy announcements and if you or others truly think it's all hogwash, why do you not sell out?

2) After yesterday's post, I was trying to find our GHD report last night, clicking through pages of announcements, and ended up Googling it. Guess where it turned up? On the DFC's website. Hahaha. All 1,378 pages of it.

https://www3.dfc.gov/environment/eia/karibib/Associated_Facility%20ESIA_Lepidico_Chemical_Plant.pdf

Thus, I really disagree with your first sentence above: "...if we're honest, and look fairly and unbiased, the company have not delivered jack sh%t for three years." On your trading platform, or on HotCopper for that matter, click on "Announcements" and scroll through dozens of accomplishments our company has achieved. Hopefully, it will perk up your spirits and serve as reassurance that indeed you are onto a good thing.

My apologies to all that this is again long-winded, but I will offer 2 more small things: as I suggested a couple of weeks ago in posting Tesla's long-term chart, very little in our 3D world happens overnight. Sudden successes, like that of present market darling Nvidia, took a looong time to gain traction. Google their chart. From 22 January 1999 till 2016, their share price ranged between about 82 cents and $8. It's basically a flat line for 17 years. Nvidia now famously has a market cap of over US$2T. Crazy stuff. Like bitcoin in the early years or most successful companies, growth takes time. "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Lastly, a factor which may possibly be contributing to poor sentiment on HC is that many shareholders have taken their conversations elsewhere to avoid the negativity here. Shareholders in other companies I hold have done the same. Of course, there are many alternative platforms. Some are anonymous, some require proof of holding to guarantee authenticity. If the dozens of LPD shareholders who chat elsewhere suddenly began posting here again, this forum would surely be less dismal and gloomy.

On the bright side, Bullrush007 hasn't posted in over a week. In the past, when the 4hrworkweeks of the stock forum world disappear, the share prices of companies usually (are allowed to) rise.

Cheers, all. Here's hoping our FID comes soon. As Learning_2B1 does, I too believe that announcement is right around the corner. More on this later. GLTAH
    Last edited by kellectric: 06/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $1.343K 447.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 47763637 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 59957080 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 1242095
Last updated 15.58pm 28/05/2024 ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.