LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

Logzy, at the present time lithium is in excess and spodumene...

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 361
    Logzy, at the present time lithium is in excess and spodumene concentrate is much lower in price than what it was, although there may be some recovery on the horizon.
    From analysts that I have listened to a number are of the opinion it is no longer economical to refine lepidolite in China because of the contaminated tailings problem, and the costs processors are confronted with to avoid this contamination, but the situation is quite opaque, none of this can be proved but there is nowhere else currently in the world to process this form of hard rock.

Lepidolite also gets a bad wrap because of the contamination current processing methods are, or have been causing, a blanket is thrown over it so to speak in assessing the benefits of refining lepidolite, and LPD tech is overlooked, probably because it is only at pilot plant level. People like Ken Brinsden former head of Pilbara minerals and now CEO of Patriot and Mister lithium Joe Lowry dismiss Lepidolite out right as a possible hard rock contender for supplying lithium chemical, they only believe spodumene concentrate can answer the need, this mindset all driven by dirty Chinese processing methods of mica..
    The outcome of all this is firstly, it is possible we will not be able to sell stockpiled ore to China because of the cost in China of processing and our stockpiled ore is of low concentration, which would also add to poor economics of processing, we need a concentrator to bring concentrate up in grade to give any chance of procuring a sales agreement, this is why I believe it is now 3 months since a supposed term sheet was signed waiting only on a sales agreement, that just has not eventuated.

Secondly Leaning 2B1 pointed out EMH was going down the route of roasting as part of its refinery process, and as he pointed out would have been a huge mistake on their part and has left them hanging pushing out delay after delay, it is doubtful they will get the finance required or the sales without adequate esg credentials and be able to produce with any economy of scale.They should have teamed with LPD.

The sodium sulphate residue form spodumene processing will become a huge environmental impact if not addressed. Most western lithium hydroxide plants are still in construction and planning phase, they are aware of a looming problem, but I believe are just kicking the can down the road for now looking for simplified ways of disposing of it eg Covalent Lithium have intentions off storing it back at the original mine site. LPD has the technology to solve this problem, but it think it may be a few years before western producers seek out our viable process, they just don't think it necessary at this time.

It seems that coupled with some of the points made above there is a lack of recognition or confidence of LPD technology as being capable of rivaling China in mica concentrate processing to lithium chemical, possibly by China itself, and more certainly by potential lenders. It appears our company BOD and manager are at the twiddling of the fingers stage, everything is in place to move forward to production if we had finance. Those commissioned to help find finance have also failed so far. It is just the way the financial market is reacting to us, they don't appreciate the concepts that have been put forward.
    Whether it could have been presented differently I sincerely doubt, Bullrush's criticism of the company's performance is most likely incorrect.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $1.375K 458.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
185 227613924 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 52230940 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 20.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ 1428832
Last updated 15.40pm 16/05/2024 ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.