WA1 1.66% $14.83 wa1 resources ltd

”However, niobium use is limited to niche markets imo”How big is...

1. 731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    ”However, niobium use is limited to niche markets imo”

How big is a niche?

If I build a solid masonry house, I may only require “niche” amounts of structural timber or steel.

Outside of a metals trader or an inorganic chemist, few people would know the uses of most metals on a comprehensive manner.

Vanadium is more likely for batteries.

The vast array of alloys and compounds you encounter in modern life every day and the know how behind each of those is mind boggling.

Someone ought to rewrite “I, Pencil” as “I, Smartphone” and update it for the 2020s.

This is from the Royal Society of Chemistry.

”Niobium is used in alloys including stainless steel. It improves the strength of the alloys, particularly at low temperatures. Alloys containing niobium are used in jet engines and rockets, beams and girders for buildings and oil rigs, and oil and gas pipelines. This element also has superconducting properties. It is used in superconducting magnets for particle accelerators, MRI scanners and NMR equipment. Niobium oxide compounds are added to glass to increase the refractive index, which allows corrective glasses to be made with thinner lenses.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.83
Change
-0.250(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $948.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.17 $15.17 $14.59 $2.321M 156.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 387 $14.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.01 928 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.