WA1 3.03% $17.35 wa1 resources ltd

PS. I love Joe Biden. He was the calming grandfather figure that...

1. 692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    PS. I love Joe Biden. He was the calming grandfather figure that the free world needed after the insanity of the Trump years. His many achievements, including the push towards a green energy future, have gone largely unnoticed by the world. He only endeared himself more to me by putting the country above his own personal ambitions this week. May his vision of a clean green future continue to prosper.

LOL

You have to be careful tying your stock portfolio to politics or a particular politician. The CXO forum, even before it dropped from $1.10 down to 20-something cents per share had a lot of whining about "men with smol pp nrg who refuse to drive EVs" The only reliable politician would be a young dictator who absolutely locked down any threats to their power and you would have to trust them to not expropriate your assets (and I don't trust them). What if Harris gets nominated and is backed by a vanadium refiner or miner? Quid pro quo means you have obligations, apparent or not. She has raised a lot of money very quickly so the probability of the expectation of patronage is not unrealistic.

We don't have the baseload power for it without nuclear energy and until the cars have the same utility and convenience as ICE, there will be no mass adoption without a mandate.

The economic headwinds out of the US are awful. If WA1 falls more it has nothing to do with the long-term soundness of WA1 as a business or equity investment. Batteries are going to expand in use despite politics and high-stress steel will be in higher demand. Africa will probably boom this century. The demand won't go away because of the wrong party winning or Westernised countries having demographic issues.

This sort of thing happens in bureaucracy and politics.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/03/1114964240/new-battery-technology-china-vanadium

The Chinese company didn't steal this technology. It was given to them — by the U.S. Department of Energy. First in 2017, as part of a sublicense, and later, in 2021, as part of a license transfer. An investigation by NPR and the Northwest News Network found the federal agency allowed the technology and jobs to move overseas, violating its own licensing rules while failing to intervene on behalf of U.S. workers in multiple instances.

My point is some myopic idiot (breaking their own rules!) wearing a taupe suit with a shiny bum (and inadequate infrastructure to manage data and information) might ruin opportunities or otherwise any politically tied-up interest can get defeated by patronage.

If I owned PDN, I wouldn't expect Peter Dutton to make me rich.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.