WA1 9.03% $14.01 wa1 resources ltd

great analysis Nayds.I have been thinking along similar lines....

1. 288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    great analysis Nayds.

I have been thinking along similar lines. Particularly since hearing that CBMM established a Joint Development Agreement with Brisbane based Novonix 3 days ago for their battery tech. They are well aware and monitoring activity across the globe to continue to proactively link tech developments to supply agreements. Like you say, CBMM have billions at stake and have made a massive investment over 70 years in developing the tech, markets and products.

Rather than just be a block, they could actually be the perfect cornerstone investor, subject to FIRB limitations on % holding (10-15%?). Existing client agreements, processing IP, alignment of market pricing, etc. Oz mentioned some time ago the key aspect of working with CBMM to establish a position in the market and work together to satisfy increasing demand. Stability of the market and supply will support confidence in products that use the mineral. It will be much more beneficial for all parties to work together rather than use price levers to fight against each other. More importantly, CBMM would also have the capital to provide a funding agreement for the whole mine development. One stop shop.

Like you say though, if Gina or others saw the potential then they could simply drop a TO now before any blocking stake could be established. For some reason this hasn't happened yet so there are obviously other factors at play. Hopefully between now and the end of the year we will see if there is serious interest before the DFS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.01
Change
-1.390(9.03%)
Mkt cap ! $908.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.40 $15.40 $13.94 $5.780M 400.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250 $14.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.09 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.