WA1 1.67% $14.76 wa1 resources ltd

That article draws on a Bloomberg article published 2 days...

1. 610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 716
    That article draws on a Bloomberg article published 2 days earlier (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-17/the-commodity-that-no-one-knows-about-but-everybody-wants-to-buy) which I downloaded sometime ago. Here's a paragraph from the Bloomberg article which identifies 3 more of the 15 companies that bid::

"Among the companies outbid by CMOC were Mosaic Co., the world's largest producer of phosphate fertilizer, South32 and Eurochem Group AG, people familiar with the process said. The sale was highly competitive, said two people involved, who asked not to be identified because the matter was private. The winning offer exceeded the estimates of analysts at Bank of America Corp. and Investec PLC. RBC Dominion Securities said the assets were among the best that London-based Anglo has offered."

What intrigued me was seeing South32's name. Datt has said that a global miner would be a natural owner for Luni. Positive results from the current metallurgy and ore body variability work will significantly derisk the project, perhaps within the risk tolerance of a potential buyer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.