WA1 8.81% $16.31 wa1 resources ltd

It's High Frequency Trading, or HFT as mentioned by Ninelives,...

1. 208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    It's High Frequency Trading, or HFT as mentioned by Ninelives, BOTS that are programmed to buy and sell minute parcels making only a few cents on each trade if that. Every day they makes millions of trades which amounts to millions of dollars in aggregate.

WA1 is a highly volatile stock with drastic swings intraday which I believe is attractive to their programming and filtering of which stocks to play.

These HFT firms are big players, especially in the US and pay huge money to be right next door to the exchange and have a high bandwidth cable directly into the exchange to have the fastest trades at a millionth of a nanosecond, therefore frontrunning any and all trades to make the most money.

There was one firm in the US that did not have a losing day in years, this was several years ago so that may have changed now.

There's not much point in whinging or complaining about it, I just accept it and move on, being in the right stock over time will render it null and void anyway and provide a little liquidity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.31
Change
1.320(8.81%)
Mkt cap ! $1.057B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.07 $16.50 $14.91 $6.876M 435.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3041 $16.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.35 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.