WA1 4.34% $15.13 wa1 resources ltd

General discussion, page-4341

1. 11,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1671
    you seem caught up in China and what they are or aren't doing. I believe you are totally missing the point around this.

Chinas total control of the niobium market HAS restricted the market expansion. The western world simply will not engage in a product that china has majority supply or control over - for the very reasons you have listed re nickel and lithium.

The world is on the brink of decarbonisation and we all know that steel has a significant footprint that can be lessened considerably with niobium. Once a new supply emerges that is completely removed from all China influence, it will not only be embraced by the western world - it will create massive growth in the product itself. I am not even looking at what happens if niobium becomes a significant contributor to an alternative to lithium batteries... that would simply see this go berserk.

Then there are the uses of niobium that arent related to the broader construction steel industry that have vital importance to security and technological advancement that governments in the western world will want to know they can't be rug pulled by the chinese on.

Your comment about being the highest cost mine in niobium is also laughable. Sure, we won't beat araxa... but we don't need to. We wont even be competing with them so they won't have any rational for price gouging themselves. They will own one part of the world, us another. They will hope we increase demand over on this side so that it flows over to their side, They have already said this. The other producers (all 2 of them) are producing off grades that are 1/10th of our high grade zone (that will last about 15 years). How are they profitable? They are mining out of high cost jurisdictions like Canada.

Your post is high level rhetoric designed to look like deep research but really its just you taking your regret re selling and turning it into points that you hope pan out, They won't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.