WA1 27.6% $20.69 wa1 resources ltd

The obvious big funds which directly track MSCI Australia Small...

1. 60 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    The obvious big funds which directly track MSCI Australia Small Cap or some composite of that index (taking Emerald Resources, which was added in February to MSCI Australia Small Cap, as a crude estimate of the fraction of shares outstanding they'll buy) would be iShares Core MSCI EAFE (holds ~0.4% of shares out), iShares MSCI EAFE Small-Cap (~0.3%), and Vanguard MSCI Australian Small Companies (~0.2%). (Am I missing any?)

However, there are also large funds tracking very similar indices, e.g. Vanguard Total International Stock index funds suite (e.g. VTI) and similar products are indexed to FTSE Global rather than MSCI, but the methodology and constituents there are very similar, and these funds hold ~2% of shares out in aggregate in Emerald's case.

Then we have e.g. Vanguard Australian Shares fund suite (e.g. VAS), which track ASX300 (holds ~1.5% of shares out), hopefully to come in September.

Finally, there are all of the adjacent and implicit index-tracking / benchmarked funds which I haven't made much effort to enumerate, but as an example, Dimensional fund suite holds ~1% of shares out in broad mutual funds like "Dimensional Australia Core Equity Trust", and I expect WA1 will also be added in the future to most of those, and of course, the Copper ETFs which already seem to be taking positions (e.g. 2% of WA1 just bought by Global X Copper Miners ETF, iShares Copper and Metals Mining ETF also has a de minimis holding).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.69
Change
4.480(27.6%)
Mkt cap ! $1.269B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.80 $20.69 $17.36 $14.38M 748.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 494 $20.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.85 48 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.