WA1 6.48% $19.35 wa1 resources ltd

General discussion, page-7563

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    In fact quite the opposite. My post in Feb regarding the deleterious nature of Uranium covered some of this, but leaving out Thorium was an oversight. I’ll take that into account in future when I am presenting research and data here. The presence of these minerals is key to recovery rates.

In carbonatite deposits, the recovery of niobium is influenced by the presence of uranium (U) and thorium (Th) because these elements can affect the mineralogy and processing characteristics of the ore. Generally, lower concentrations of U and Th are advantageous for higher niobium recovery for several reasons:

1. Mineralogy: Carbonatites with lower U and Th levels often have simpler mineral compositions, making it easier to concentrate and extract niobium-bearing minerals such as pyrochlore. High levels of U and Th can be associated with complex mineral phases that complicate the beneficiation process.

2. Radioactivity: Uranium and thorium are radioactive, and their presence can pose health and environmental hazards during mining and processing. Lower concentrations of these elements reduce the need for extensive safety measures and regulatory compliance, simplifying the recovery process and reducing costs.

3. Processing Efficiency: The extraction and processing of niobium can be more efficient in ores with low U and Th levels. These elements can interfere with the chemical reactions during processing, reducing the efficiency of niobium recovery methods such as flotation or hydrometallurgical techniques.

4. Economic and Environmental Considerations: High levels of U and Th can lead to increased processing costs due to the need for handling radioactive waste and implementing additional safety measures. Lower levels of these elements reduce these costs and minimize the environmental impact of the mining operation.

Fingers crossed that we can get the met studies saying that extraction is amenable to flotation and as I pointed out in Feb as well, we will be happy campers because the cost of that will be a fraction of what would otherwise occur in a more complex separation process.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.35
Change
-1.340(6.48%)
Mkt cap ! $1.186B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.80 $21.46 $18.80 $12.66M 638.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 780 $19.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.50 750 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.