WA1 0.07% $13.63 wa1 resources ltd

We all knew and commented on the way up that they just couldn't...

1. 8,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8250
    We all knew and commented on the way up that they just couldn't shake enough shares out of retail so they had to try something different. All they have in their kit bag is to push the SP up or down. Both are easy to do on a thinly traded stock.

No-one bothered to short the stock with gusto when the price was high, for anything other than 'looks' of increasing shorts, which shorting to yourself does, but never daring to lose a lot of stock, or pretty much any for that matter.
    All it takes is one announcement about some type of deal with a mining company, or iron/steel company for co-operation, investment etc and the games will stop and real buying for accumulation will happen.

I wouldn't expect anything like this though until we had a resource and also had some mets and possibly environment studies and indigenous agreements in place, which gives plenty of time for the funds to play their games.

We always have to remember that the price will move further in each direction than any 'value' would ever reveal. At one point PLS was 13c, when the mine was operating!! It was also $5.80 at a different time when the mine was operating!!

Of course next time the stock goes up, there will be some large down days in there as well, to catch some shares from some retail that don't want to miss out on the high prices before the next fall, or just happy to take profit that they 'missed out on' last time the stock rose.

The BEOT counts on retail being skittish and fickle, with a little nudge by them, to help, and most of the time retail co-operate by selling low and buying high....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.63
Change
0.010(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $892.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.75 $13.97 $13.41 $1.912M 139.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 314 $13.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.65 1026 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.28pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.