WA1 9.39% $17.07 wa1 resources ltd

General discussion, page-9108

1. 8,884 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8145
    @2ic ... " just so long as CBMM was happy to hold the price high and take a sales-hit as the dominant (monopolistic) niobium swing producer."

Very much a sour grapes type comment, especially thinking CBMM would be taking a sales hit with our mine operating.. you are aware that Niobium sales are growing somewhere between 5-10% per annum and that's likely to increase when battery use takes off.
    CBMM have only bedded down their last large increase in production, and would have to spend a whole lot more on further expansion if a new player or players didn't come online..

They would also be well aware that potential customers will be much more likely to incorporate Niobium into products if they have a variety of sources for product, in case of a disaster at a one mine commodity. I would assume we'll be working with CBMM (really dumb not to!!) for the benefit of all parties.
    All WA1 would take market wise is one to 2 years of growth in the overall market, then after we have started initial production of 12,000-25,000 tonnes, they can then expand further, as the market would need a lot more Niobium 2-3 years after we started production!! their next expannsion comes on in year 3-4 of our initial production, then allowing us to expand to stage 2 that will be needed a couple of years later..

It's east to see a couple of hundred thousand tonnes of Niobium needed by the battery industry alone by the mid 2030's, of which CBMM has no chance of keeping up with...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.