WA1 7.83% $19.28 wa1 resources ltd

General discussion, page-9124

1. 8,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7997
    @2ic .... "You're entire argument"

Three words into your post and you are incorrect already. All I stated was that batteries by themselves were likely to add hundreds of thousand tonnes by the mid 30's, by themselves, I never stated it's my entire argument, in fact I've come up with other reasons in prior posts, but you have jumped to the conclusion that's all there is.

It's not just me saying lots' of Niobium for batteries either, it's CBMM...
    https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N2KF2VE/

They expect to be selling 45,000t/a of Niobium oxide to the battery market, by 2030.

I just went back and read the thread from last year when you were too concerned over the low quantity of Niobium that was at Luni, plus worried back then about competition with CBMM.
    Have CBMM tried to outcompete the other 2 Niobium producers? ... No, they seem to be working together in an orderly market.
    Why would they bother to go into a price war that benefits no-one??

They have a multi generational asset at Araxa, with only one other high grade resource found in the world in the 70 years since Araxa was discovered. No-one is expecting a whole lot more, because of the very specific set of circumstances that brought about these 2 great resources. They are not going to go into a price war to waste their and our precious resource, when the alternative of working together, is more profitable for both parties, in a growing market, which is the bit you are overlooking.

I'm also very wary of how people use statistics to prove their points, showing Niobium production when they want to show low numbers or Niobium products when wanting to show high numbers. CBMM have a 150kt of ferroniobium capacity, not a 150kt Niobium capacity. World consumption of ferroniobium is expected to be 124,000 tonnes in 2024.
    https://www.mining.com/web/top-critical-mineral-miner-cbmm-sees-opportunity-in-ev-batteries/

Here is one report showing expected growth in Niobium market in the next 5 years, note not ferroniobium...
    https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/niobium-market

Given the conductivity characteristics of Niobium, it is not surprising that a little on cathodes and anodes does wonderful things for both longevity of the batteries and charging characteristics, which is exactly what's happened. I suspect like so many people when looking at a disruptive change, that will take off like wildfire once well known, the market will not be able to keep up with the staggering demand. I expect CBMM's estimation to be way under what's needed.
    If the difference in battery performance is enough to take consumption from 600 tonnes this year up to 45,000 tonnes by 2030 in their estimation, then the Niobium will be a requirement for all battery manufacturers, with a total underestimation by CBMM..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.28
Change
1.400(7.83%)
Mkt cap ! $1.182B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.88 $19.58 $17.67 $4.057M 214.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 296 $19.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.28 484 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.