WA1 7.83% $19.28 wa1 resources ltd

Thinking out loud here. I was trying to put myself in mgt shoes...

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    Thinking out loud here. I was trying to put myself in mgt shoes with the silly buggers going on with suppression of the SP by one of our own major investors, for reasons that can only be for their own benefit at the expense of other holders and mgt. Is it just to fleece retail with a scare campaign, to try to increase to a controlling share in conjunction with other instos or because they can't get access to another discounted CR in the short term? Or maybe all of the above. Will it end with the MRE or continue on?

Given the lack of new insto cash until the MRE and new FY, there has obviously been minimal push back on the small order bots. Hopefully this changes from next week. If not, then I just wondered to myself if Paul and co might allocate some of the actual company funds (say $2-5m) to buy back the small volume shares and whether this would be sufficient to counter the bot games? It would seem that this wouldn't have any material effect on the continuation of investigations and feaso activities. This would marginally reduce the overall SOI, which would also benefit holders albeit not materially considering the small number of shares involved. Obviously there would still be a need for a CR toward the end of the year if there isn't some sort of TO/JV to fund the balance of the feaso/investigation works.

Might be simplistic response, but there is obviously a divergence in the objectives of a few of the cornerstone parties that is not in the overall interest of the company hence hopefully there will be some sort of effective strategy to bring them back into the fold or otherwise counter their actions.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the impact of the MRE and new FY. Hopefully in a weeks' time we are all high fiving each other again!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.28
Change
1.400(7.83%)
Mkt cap ! $1.182B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.88 $19.58 $17.67 $4.057M 214.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 296 $19.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.28 484 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.