SYR 1.90% 51.5¢ syrah resources limited

General Discussion, page-11

1. 682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    Interesting to say the least. Still good volumes today and I think it bodes well at least in the short term. Amazing how the traders and dreamers seem to appear at the same time. In reality extremes are generally not sustained either way. At $2.50 on the back of the loan and bullish EV news was probably over bought (dah) , at 40 odd cents over sold. Nobody knows what you can't know and that's the situation until the fallout is known. But it's obviously good news for SYR and I believe the current price is well deserved off the lows. I don't know how shorts operate and you would need to be on the desk of the big guys to understand the mechanism, especially today with algorithms and computer generated trading. In saying that, the only historical shorts I calculate in the money is 33 million back in May with 40 odd million out of the money above 77c? Of course the numbers can change and re-set but you'd be pretty brave to short now IMO. Perhaps ego's get ahead of abilities sometimes. We'll see when the data is available.
    China of course are looking after themselves. A gift for SYR though. With South Korea and Japan close allies of the USA, China will likely make it difficult for them with the current trade 'war'. Europe also proposed tariffs on chinese EV's because of the subsidies (pot calling kettle if you look at agriculture). Anyway, it's a gift to SYR.
    China will benefit from higher prices. They get to reduce inventories going into winter, and they may get rid of more anodes if production is reduced in other countries.
    So maybe SYR benefits come in the new year. The loan seems more probable also under the circumstances. Overall however SYR financials will still look a bit ordinary and they need to get some runs on the board- they've been very lucky with Aus Super and the US Govt. They can repay some of the favours's now and we all benefit. At $1 the 690 million market cap is ok given the assets and mine life. GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.90%)
Mkt cap ! $441.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 53.5¢ 51.5¢ $1.648M 3.142M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 130445 51.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.0¢ 42538 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
52.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 2.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
53.5¢ 53.5¢ 51.8¢ 877504
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.