SYR 2.27% 21.5¢ syrah resources limited

General Discussion, page-1425

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96

@Normandy7 extremely sorry to see you go, thanks for all the frequent valuable input. With you and @Proga no longer here this place is not going to be the same. My graphite education over the last year or so largely consisted of following up on points you two posted about.

Besides that, my only foray so far into SYR was on account of information supplied by yourself. I happened to be on here on 20th October last year when you posted the story about China export restrictions before it became general information. You must have seen the first piece of information on the whole internet and your post on here was the second. I didn’t know what it meant at the time but recognised that any sliver of good news was going to give the SP a boost. It was almost like having inside information, I jumped in on the Friday and sold out the following Tuesday at a handsome profit. My personal thanks to you for that, it gave me the incentive to keep following the travails of the industry.

My general opinion is that if Syrah doesn’t make it no other exChina graphite miner in the battery anode market is going to either and the West can concede defeat to China as far as EV batteries (and probably EVs themselves) are concerned. However, I don’t believe that will be allowed to occur, it's just a matter of time before POSCO, BTR, Westwater. Syrah and others come online with battery anode manufacturing plants to start utilizing Syrah’s production capacity. It’s not going to happen this year and when it does it will take a while to recover the costs of staying alive in the meantime.

No new mines are being financed so there will be no other real competition for the foreseeable future.

I hope you continue to keep informed about what is happening in the industry and get back in when the good times eventually start to roll.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $222.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $329.4K 1.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 153239 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 98001 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.