SYR 0.00% 26.5¢ syrah resources limited

In my estimations, this is the biggest threat to SYR's and...

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    In my estimations, this is the biggest threat to SYR's and Natural graphites future (and mine as I'm heavily invested in NG).

I brought this problem up many times to Proga and was dismissed however you can't deny the facts.
    Producers can make a 100% synthetic anode but only a 50-60% natural anode at most.
    All reports suggest China still only makes 100% SG anodes which is obvious to all with eyes that their only motivator is price of feedstock that decides anode makeup, not ESG.

Now Synthetic is officially cheaper than Natural, the most important distinction between the two is gone. I can only pray it's confined to China's market and that it's temporary due to the claimed oversupply, but it's been oversupplied for quite a while now, stuff must be incredibly simple to produce, obvious power intensive problems aside.

Researching Korea's POSCO only shows more of the same, they focus on synthetic anode production with upcoming plans to introduce more natural into the mix, I fear the price will halt that idea. POSCO is difficult to research independent of China anyway as a lot of their production is found in China which makes the upcoming IRA (if it remains with Trump) all the more pertinent.

It's alarming how simple the substitution of each product is considering the qualification process for NG in usually years.
    We all assume Vidalia is using 100% feedstock from Balama for their Anode but I haven't found a single breakdown of their product yet. Would love to see that information if anyone has it? Would be telling of the whole ex China sector what their anode makeup is.

What If synthetic remains cheaper than natural? What reason is there for it not to? If SG is a byproduct of oil production I figure it's going to be around for a hell of a lot longer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $274.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 28.0¢ 26.5¢ $1.906M 7.017M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 353313 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 94642 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.