SYR 2.22% 22.0¢ syrah resources limited

It would be timely for SYR to announce the signing of the loan...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    It would be timely for SYR to announce the signing of the loan for Balama. According to the CEO, it just needed a signature - I'm assuming the Mozambique Govt? If the DOE have given the paperwork, SYR clearly need the money then it stands to reason where the hold up might be? Why the delay- I'm assuming a lot of the $4 million per month goes to security and the Govt but there's no transparency around this. There's a lot gone wrong in the market, largely tks to China but one thing SYR could control better is costs and their contract arrangements. This goes across Balama, Vidalia over spend and now the issue with Tesla (why sign an agreement, spend $200 million and leave yourself open to the buyer to change their mind or worse just change their specs?). The other announcement is for the offtake agreement- won't be material in the short term but should give confidence to the DOE to further support Vidalia.
    In the mean time SYR can look at the coarse market-
    this from 2014 "The company said 24% of the graphite was jumbo flake, which is 50 mesh or a little less than 300 microns at a grade of 98.2% C; in addition 33% of the graphite was coarse flake, which is 80 mesh (177 microns) at a grade of 97.5% C; 27% was medium flake, which is 140 mesh or (105 microns) at a grade of 97.6% C and 17% was fine flake.“These results are phenomenal and unmatched by anyone else,” Eadie said. “Syrah can produce as much graphite at any flake size as the world needs at the highest purity.”
    Seems to me they should be able to target the coarser flake where there is a margin and seemingly the traditional demand?? There's some doubt IMO about the strength of the Management and Board in all of this. Of course things can change in the next 6-12 months but they need to do better to survive that. Unfortunately, the assets won't be valued highly in the event of a sale or liquidation. Ironic if it lands with China and the Govt? Sad situation but they can turn it around with time and management, GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $227.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 23.3¢ 21.5¢ $638.1K 2.853M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 64122 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 11500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.