SYR 1.61% 31.5¢ syrah resources limited

For a change, I'll throw in my critical opinion here. The...

1. 7 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    For a change, I'll throw in my critical opinion here. The discussions are largely influenced by obvious fans of Syrah like "Proga" (that's not an attack). Why am i writing this? Exlusively to broaden the horizon of new small investors

Regarding Syrah,I could imagine that some expectations simply have not been fulfilled or have not yet been fulfilled. The general e-car boom (triggered by low interest rates and cheap money) is over and I don't think anything will change that quickly (look at Ukraine). The globalization machinery has stalled and is declining due to the geopolitical situation. The result is a loss of purchasing power/prosperity. That puts a dent in a project like the almost oversized Balama Mine (max. 350 ktpa!). Apart from that, all well-known battery companies worldwide are working to reduce or completely eliminate the need for graphite in battery construction. This further depresses future prospects. The fact that Posco Future only buys 2 kt per month (max. 5 kt) is, to say the least, anything but what I expected and Syrah would have needed. If the topic were actually so crystal clear, then the expansion of Vidalia would have been decided long ago.

On the other hand, lithium-ion batteries are the medium of choice in the medium term and are graphite-heavy. One can only hope that in the future our western industry will no longer use graphite from China to make Syrah a viable option. But at the end of the day it's all about money and the cheap graphite will find a buyer.

Ps: I hold enough Syrah shares myself

Please tear me apart now

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.5¢
Change
0.005(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $325.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 32.0¢ 30.8¢ $1.400M 4.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60539 31.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.0¢ 80900 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.