LTM 1.95% $7.03 arcadium lithium plc

Thanks for sharing.Well one thing is for sure..... he sure can...

1. 957 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3205
    Thanks for sharing.

Well one thing is for sure..... he sure can talk. I have to give him that. He is much better able to elaborate a narrative than our previous CEO.

The problem is, given his track record of talking and not delivering (from what the general vibe is about him out there, I really have not followed him much during his career), how much weight can be given to what he has to say? He has much opportunity now, he simply has to deliver. We just need to watch and find out. Livent had the tech, they could do better grade well. AKE had the growth assets. If both are combined, beautiful profits will be found.

The most interesting points for me were right at the end from about the 1 hour and 39min mark where he talked about our Hydroxide prices being very irrelevant to the current system of spot prices. This being because of the grade differences in product for our hydroxide. Then he went on to talk about the profit margins that are being made and how the current pricing scenario is of great benefit to the company. We are making a reasonable profit now, projects are being cut and delayed elsewhere, and on the other side of this storm, we will benefit big time. Something that I have repeated many times. We just need to wait it out.

He made some good points in regard to the five key customers on the books. Lots of non-Chinese companies, and the core focus is to now expand volumes of trade with them rather than find many new customers. Once Mt C has given all it has given, it really is a story of a fully integrated end product.

I liked the way he talked about building the long-term 15 year contracts, the floor pricing coming along with that. How nothing is built without the contracts in place before that.

I think I understood the position of Naraha better now. I see that Toyota is running the show there and struggling (no surprise there). It appears that some shakeup that will be of benefit to both parties might happen.

Also, some interest highlights include the technical grade situation of Oz stage 2 and some opportunities, including opportunities with SDV as well. Interesting opinion regarding Galan and Chloride decision. If you are a Galan holder you might want to debate his thoughts on that. I don't follow or hold Galan, so I have no opinion or knowledge if his thought process is on the right path.

Nothing really new when it came to Canada. But I did find interesting the cost and time differences of building their China facilities compared to their North American ones. That's a very big difference and just shows the cost and time advantages the Chinese have.

If his confidence, vision and reasoning are as he says, there is much hope, and the opportunities abound. The next uptick-up should be fun! In our stable of CEO's the only one that I really saw action associated with talk was Simon Hay, and he was one of our shortest. Can he back up his talk with actions, I hope so. We shall see and my opinion of him will be formed in time. First, let's hope EV sales numbers have a cracking year!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.03
Change
-0.140(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $2.755B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.09 $7.12 $7.00 $6.625M 937.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 69999 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.09 3226 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.05
  Change
-0.140 ( 1.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.10 $7.12 $7.01 262341
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
LTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.