LTM 3.78% $7.01 arcadium lithium plc

Stephan, for you to say "I don't think the share price...

1. 4,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2555
    Stephan, for you to say "I don't think the share price development would have been materially different without the merger." is damning the merger with faint praise. I remember Joe Lowry commenting before the merger decision that he feared the joining of Livent and Allkem could be represented as

1 + 1 = 1.75

In other words he envisaged the merger adding less than nothing for shareholders. He thought the management teams at both Allkem and Livent were rubbish and putting Livent's management team in charge of the merged entity would simply mean more of the same. As it has turned out, currently the calculation is more like

1 + 1 = 0.75

as in the merged entity actually has less stock market presence than either of Allkem and Livent when they were separate entities.

When you see brokers putting out analysis that Arcadium is trading at a 50% discount to fair value that is not because the lithium market is crap - calculating fair value factors in the crap lithium market - but rather it is because they do not trust Arcadium management to deliver on the full opportunities that they see in the company.

With Pall the Plod Graves doing what good portfolio managers do - in contrast to what good business managers do - by pulling the hand brakes on all of Arcadium's projects he is clearly waiting for beta - a sector recovery - to get the Arcadium stock price out of its current slump. Graves has as good as turned Arcadium into an index fund for lithium.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.01
Change
0.255(3.78%)
Mkt cap ! $2.742B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.91 $7.02 $6.91 $5.258M 754.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 6908 $7.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.01 10367 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.00am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.97
  Change
0.255 ( 3.03 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.96 $7.02 $6.94 59510
Last updated 11.19am 02/05/2024 ?
LTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.