LTM 0.83% $4.86 arcadium lithium plc

For sure there is long lead times, but LTM has enough capacity...

1. 971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3243
    For sure there is long lead times, but LTM has enough capacity to be profitable. Letting the price triple is more beneficial for the company than selling double the volume at the current price or for 50% extra than the current price. Is that good for everybody no, but its about applying pressure to bring sensibility back to the table. Bringing more supply to the table faster is not going to cause that price to explode back up for payback.

They have slowed down SDV1, SDV2 pushed further out. They can start JB as well, but just take their time. If they want our product, give us a fair deal. Give us the respectable floor price, or panic when things go short. Otherwise slow and steady is all good by me at the moment.

It's market manipulation that is screwing the sector at the moment (taking a loss on a small percentage of high-cost product to save money on the great majority of supply). It is brilliant coordinated tactics. That was my blindspot. I am happy to accelerate the process that the small percentage turns into larger losses, and manipulate things back to our advantage. All this has kinda of hardened my heart a little. The key is, the longer this lasts, the bigger the boom is going to be. We talked about this back in 2020. Analysts were predicting years of low prices, projects pulled back and then eventually boom. I am happy to wait longer, I am in no rush.

For me, I am really interested in the next quarterly report. It should be telling exactly what the floor price from the existing contracts are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.