LTM 8.02% $4.47 arcadium lithium plc

General Discussion, page-1926

1. 4,359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2675
    Arcadium put out a press release (LINK here) - they don't do ASX announcements other than about housekeeping - which is about them paying US$11m for an experimental process to produce lithium metal. Fair enough given the likely arrival of solid state lithium batteries sooner or later but really piddling stuff from what is supposed to be a high growth high energy management team. FA about the projects they are spending hundreds of millions on other than when they have no choice but to say something.

Also remember that the pommy investment wanker will give a quarterly conference call this coming Wednesday at 7 in the morning Brisbane time. Expect standard fare from the silver tongue devil, articulately giving lots of excuses. I notice the Rio Tinto boss says Rio has a strategic interest in lithium and that position is unaffected by current lithium prices, and that Exxon Mobil holds a bunch of ex-oi fields in the Smackover Formation in Arkanas, US and are currently revisiting old holes there. Graves and Coleman need to be careful that Arcadium is not left behind by some big boppers entering the upstream lithium sector like Graves and Livent were left behind as the Chinese entered the lithium midstream sector over the last six or so years.

He also owes us a strategy presentation sometime in September, the details of which I guess we'll get at the quarterly call.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.