LTM 1.95% $7.03 arcadium lithium plc

Now that we are merged and the lithium price has collapsed, I've...

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Now that we are merged and the lithium price has collapsed, I've been thinking about what the company strategy for the next couple of years will look like.

Its clear that this lower pricing will persist for a while, but I think in the long run this will benefit larger players and remove these fly by night projects. I think we are extremely well positioned being a mainly brine company now that we are merged with low OPEX costs still making us profitable at these low prices.

This being the case I think we should double down on brines over the next few years and position ourselves with significantly increased production with costs in the lower quartile. We should expand HM, SDV and Olaroz and look into Cachari.

While hard rock might be lower capex and quicker to get online, my view would be limit capex and slow roll these projects unless we clearly have excess capital. On that basis the delay in James Bay approvals was probably fortuitous. On Mt Catlin, given the smaller resource, we should not be selling product at these prices, I think stockpile it until pricing returns and only continue mining the current cut and put the asset into care and maintenance until pricing returns. I would not be surprised if this asset is sold, but it would not make sense in the current pricing environment to sell.

Interested to hear others thoughts and keen to see the quarterly in the next month and if there is any information on strategy in it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.03
Change
-0.140(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $2.755B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.09 $7.12 $7.00 $6.625M 937.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 69999 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.09 3226 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.05
  Change
-0.140 ( 1.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.10 $7.12 $7.01 262341
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
LTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.