EUR 0.00% 3.7¢ european lithium limited

General Discussion, page-30

1. 8,538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 826
    You ask me to enlighten you on a matter I never claimed - where are the facilities for mass production of sodium ion batteries. There are none - yet.

You ask me not to mention Northvolt in case it makes you laugh because, you say, they are ten years behind.

Are they? BMW in 2020 announced a major contract. It was a long-term supply contract worth 2 billion euros [i.e. AUD$3.3 billion] for battery cells with the Swedish company Northvolt. These are of course lithium batteries and the sum is no laughing matter.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0311274EN/bmw-group-continues-to-drive-electromobility:-long-term-supply-contract-with-northvolt-for-battery-cells-from-europe-concluded?language=en#:~:text=Munich.,with%20the%20Swedish%20company%20Northvolt.

As we know, Northvolt has just announced a breakthrough in the properties of sodium ion batteries. Whether they go on to mass produce such batteries nobody knows. If they do then sodium ion batteries will be a challenge to lithium ion batteries, particularly because of their stability against explosion and toxic fire.

Note, I am not claiming that the manufacture of lithium ion batteries will cease! I have no grudge against EUR. I don't spread hype. The EUR threads are notorious for the personal abuse and insinuation that greets any post that is not a rah-rah-rah for EUR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EUR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.