RNU 0.00% 8.8¢ renascor resources limited

The JP Morgan analysis had a similar finding: Someone who...

1. 1,398 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1226
    Great post. I can’t find the exact quote/statistic I was looking for but this explains it anyway

A $5,000 investment in the S&P 500 at the bottom of the Great Recession (March 9, 2009) would have been worth more than $36,000 at the start of July, according to an analysis by Morningstar Direct. The same investment at the lowest point of the pandemic downturn (March 23, 2020) would have grown to nearly $9,000 by this month.

High volatility doesn’t mean only downside volatility.
    Veronica Willis
    INVESTMENT STRATEGY ANALYST AT WELLS FARGO INVESTMENT INSTITUTE

The JP Morgan analysis had a similar finding: Someone who invested $10,000 in the S&P 500 on Jan. 1, 2002, would have a balance of $61,685 if they remained invested through Dec. 31, 2021. By missing the market’s 10 best days over that 20-year period, they would have $28,260.”

So point is by trying to outsmart the market you can miss out on massive up days which often occur randomly during downturns.

Of course everyone needs to make the own decisions based on how much risk they can handle but history shows leaving it often best. For me huge downturns have been a blessing to load up on quality stocks that have gone too far down. I first bought RNU around 3c about 6 or 7 years ago, took the opportunity around a cent to load up. More so with GXY/AKE it’s had incredibly large swings in the last 12 years. Having the balls to load up when everything looks dire is the only way an average punter can make it big. I would only suggest doing this with stocks that you have followed very closely and know exactly where they are headed, sometimes the big drops are for good reasons. So I wouldnt buy a stock I didn’t know well just because it has dropped a lot.

This one is definitely for the patient, a few more swings to go until we get there.

I wouldn’t mind hearing about sites for the PSG plant, I think it would help to show that we are confidently moving while we wait for the big announcements.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $223.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.8¢ 9.0¢ 8.6¢ $566.7K 6.412M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 27218 8.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 271318 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.