RNU 0.00% 8.2¢ renascor resources limited

General Discussions, page-19772

1. 1,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2728

Why I like the good carbon

Here's some nerdy reading material. I must admit that I too love the chemistry but boy, Kingsley Jones (Portfolio Manager for the Macquarie Global Thematic Fund) does know how to write a lot of rhetorical blurb before he gets to the point. Maybe that's a good thing, however, here's my selected key passages worth noting from his article:

However, there is a problem with our positioning. We left out graphite, the non-metal electric vehicle material. You see, as we mentioned in Introducing the Graphite Kid, there is more to this story than just metals. They don't call this area Battery Chemistry for nothing.

However, look above at the number for Graphite - it is the largest of all at 28.4kg/car. This stuff goes into the battery anode, while the other stuff goes into the battery cathode. You need both to make the battery and there are not a lot of good substitutes for graphite.

The picture here is interesting. Presently, Graphite used in battery applications is probably less than 10% of global demand. However, those growth rates for batteries are substantially higher than the industry as a whole. It is probable that we will see the anticipated uplift in demand form electric vehicles start to affect the market a few doublings out.

I wonder how many so-called 'Portfolio Manager's' have missed graphite?

All IMO, DYOR, GLTA(patient)H

Last edited by Mallyrock: 11/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $208.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.3¢ 8.3¢ 8.0¢ $146.7K 1.803M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35802 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 84651 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.